Question on Ch. 7 Document Preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Ch. 7 Document Preparation

I am finalizing my paperwork and am just about ready to head down to file, but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

On my local filing requirement instructions, it says to "fasten the documents in the upper left hand corner". Does this mean staple, paperclip...??? I see nothing that says NOT to staple, so I'm inclined to staple them.

TIA,
    Deb

I'm not sure it matters. I prepared my documents exactly the way the local rules said, and when I got to the clerk she just re-shuffled them all anyway.

Comment

I actually JUST heard this from the clerk for my BK court within the last hour:

Fasten = PAPERCLIP, don't staple. They need to scan the documents and staple removing isn't on their list of fun things to do I guess.
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think I'll just paperclip them and err on the side of caution with this one. I am filing Monday morning. I got my paperwork all in order, I HOPE. I've gone over it and over it and I hope I didn't mess anything up.

Comment

Yeah, just paperclip. They are gone to run the documents through a high speed scanner anyway, so you do not want to staple it. (but they probably would not refuse to accept your filing if it were stapled).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X