No announcement yet.

341 meeting--what if I lose it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I teared up a few minutes before we were called up at our second 341 hearing. I don't think it's unusual and as long as you can pull yourself together when it's your turn to answer questions you'll be fine. Don't worry - if you get really stressed your body will just go into survival mode. 90% of 341's are nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreadsSnapping View Post
      Well, as our 341 is on Monday and we got married out in Vegas there is no way to get a copy of it in time. But I do have my maiden name listed as my middle name on my DL so hopefully that will work. Of course, my lawyer didn't bat an eyelash when I told him that I hadn't changed my name yet so maybe it isn't an issue around here.

TS
      We didn't find this out until we had the telephonic pre-341 conference a week prior to the 'real' 341. The attorney didn't know about it either. She was as surprised as we were.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by ThreadsSnapping View Post
        Oh crap! I don't have a copy of my marriage license. I used the last copy at the DMV and forgot to order more copies after that. I lost my DL and figured while I was there I would just go ahead and change the name on it. I wonder if it will be a big deal if my DL has my first maiden and married name on it and my SS card and filing are in my maiden name only.

TS
        We did NOT have to present a certified copy, a simple copy was sufficient. Are you sure you don't have a plain copy around?

Comment

I might have a plain copy around. I had to fax it out for something at one point and did make a copy of it first to make sure it would be readable. On the other hand I can pull up the info online in about 30 seconds so maybe that would work too.

TS

Comment

That's great! Not everyone has a pre-341 conference like we did--may be our district or individual Trustee. But I would be remiss if I did not point out the fact that we were required to have it.

Good luck.

Comment

One thing that really helped me as I got ready to go and even after I arrived for my 341 was that I kept reminding myself that the Trustee is just another person. He goes home at night, probably to a family. He feels, sees and hears just like we do. He could be your neighbor. He could have had financial troubles in the past himself. I could go on and on. The point is trustees are human.

Go in there confident that your petition is 100% true and you have absolutely nothing to fear. Nothing at all.

We had a lady cry at ours. I almost cried seeing her cry. She lost it on her walk out. I think she was just so relieved to be done.
              5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
              8/27-DISCHARGED
              11/2 - CLOSED
              EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Good luck

All of the major stuff to bring/do has been covered
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Did anyone bring stuff to keep them busy while waiting for their 341? I was going to bring a fiction book I'm reading. I want to make sure that won't look bad for some silly reason.
                  ichb
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 20th
                  341 scheduled for August 6th
                  Discharged August 2008.

Comment

Sticky, please

Originally posted by BKwhopperJr View Post
                    Additional suggestions to avoid more stress that day:
                    !
                    I'd like to second the motion to make BKwhopperJr's post a sticky. The best two ways to calm the nerves when walking into this experience are 1) to know you're prepared and HONEST, and 2) to have some idea of what to expect when you get there. The first one's on you. This post pretty much covers the second. Thanks, Whopper.

And in response to your original question, TabbyGirl, yes, I saw lots of tears at my 341...lots. There was a big box of kleenex on the trustee's table (and, come to think of it, on every flat surface in every room of my attorney's office!) The trustee was as low-key and decent as she could possibly be, and there was absolutely no trace of judgment in any of her questions to anyone.

Try to remember she's doing a job, and she needs to seek information to do that job. Sure, it's the most terrifying/humiliating thing you've ever been through. She's a civil servant, getting through the day, asking questions to fill in the lines on her paperwork, so that she can honestly say she's done her job. And maybe she's compassionate, or maybe she's a bored functionary, or maybe she's even a jerk...but she couldn't possibly sustain the level of fury she'd need to be as scary as you expect!

Be honest, be prepared...take your own kleenex, and let us know how it goes!
                    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Crying? hell, Ive waited so long to get a second chance so to speak, that I felt like I hit the lottery!
                      341 next week...I may want to cry then! LOL

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Comment

I didn't but some of the people that were waiting at my 341, had books, some were txting/emailing on their cell phones and some just went in and listened to other cases.

Originally posted by ichb View Post
                        Did anyone bring stuff to keep them busy while waiting for their 341? I was going to bring a fiction book I'm reading. I want to make sure that won't look bad for some silly reason.

Comment

If I bring in my original marriage license and original SS card is that fine or do I have to have a copy so that they can keep it?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X