Discharged, but still owe trustee $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged, but still owe trustee $$

Can somebody explain why I was discharged yesterday if I still owe the trustee my stimulus payment? I don't understand why it is not still awaiting discharge until that has been turned over! Thanks in advance.

i guess my take on it is the agreement is you pay the stimulus payment and the bk goes through with no hitches. they discharged the bk, but they won't close it until that asset bit (the stimulus) is taken care of. anyone else think that's what's going on too?
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Perhaps the trustee doesn't want your stimulus check after all? What does it say on PACER? If it says 'Discharged', I wouldn't worry about it.

If that's the case, CONGRATS!!!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Being discharged of your debts and waiting for the Trustee to file a RND (Report of No Distribution) and No Asset Report are 2 different things. The discharges is basically saying that you are legally discharged of your debts, but the Trustee will not close your BK nor file a Final Report until they receive your stimulus check.

Good Luck
        Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Ditto BKParalegal. I'm in the same situation. I owe two final payments to the Trustee, but received my discharge already. My case will finally close when the final payment has been received.
          Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
          341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
          Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X