341 hearing is done in San Diego!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 hearing is done in San Diego!

Well that was quick. We were last of the 2:15 group to be called so no one else was in the room except for the trustee and our attorney. She asked the standard questions and then asked me about our house refinance back in January of 2006. Just wanted to know where the money went. Told her it was to payoff existing 2nd and pay off some credit cards. Next question was about 2007 income tax returns, whether they had been filed and when we got the refunds. Now I'm all set for the heavy stuff about CC advances, line of credit advances, balance transfers. But alas, not one question about any of that or my wife's failed business. That was it and we were out of there. Done. We were under oath for no more than 5 minutes tops. Unbelievable! 400k in unsecured debt and those were the two questions we got. My wife and I were walking down the hall back to the elevators and we were both just shaking, chills and a cold sweat. It is over! Just 60 more days and we are out of the penalty box.

If I can give one piece of advice it is this. Give your attorney everything you can get your hands on for as far back as possible for every account you've ever had. That's why our Trustee didn't ask us hardly anything, she already had everything that our attorney filed with the case. She already knew what the answers were so no need to ask any other questions.
    Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
    341 Meeting - 7/31/08
    Discharged - 9/30/08
    Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

I hope the next 60 days goes smoothly for you.

My 60 days has become interesting. LOL

Comment

Wow, that's great!

Now the count down begins....
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post

Appreciate that and the same goes for you. BTW when we were done I asked the Trustee if I could hurl now, she just laughed and told me that would be just fine, just do it in the waiting area.
        Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
        341 Meeting - 7/31/08
        Discharged - 9/30/08

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post

Ms. Cali, I hope yours is not as interesting as ours has been. Now 6 months past 341 with no word from anyone. I am thinking my motion to discharge our attorney may have held this up with paper.

You know: "May you live in Interesting Times" is a very old (and evil) Chinese Curse. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hey, congtrats! We should be getting our discharges about the same.
            6/11/08 - Filed Ch. 7, Filed Pro Se, No-Assets
            7/15/08 - 341 Meeting Held
            10/01/08 - Discharged
            10/08/08 - Case officially Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by duplantisjj View Post
              Outstanding, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
              Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
              341 Meeting - 7/31/08
              Discharged - 9/30/08

Comment

OT: Why did you have 2 341's?

Originally posted by duplantisjj View Post

Comment

Your 341 lasted about 3 minutes longer than ours! I think the questionnaire helped cut down on time and questions. Our meeting was delayed an hour though because a couple from the previous group was getting grilled by the US Trustee, yikes. Note to others - don't buy $900-$1100 handbags "for client gifts" and own 3 brand new BMWs, it draws attention!! The US Trustee said, "what's wrong with a Toyota?".

Comment

There was a couple in my 341, the wife had nothing but LV, their car was BMW and she wore her diamond ring/earrings. Nothing was said to them. I was surprised.

ETA: Glad yours went well. If you had gone to the Mall, you would have seen me. LOL

Originally posted by peanut1201 View Post
                    Your 341 lasted about 3 minutes longer than ours! I think the questionnaire helped cut down on time and questions. Our meeting was delayed an hour though because a couple from the previous group was getting grilled by the US Trustee, yikes. Note to others - don't buy $900-$1100 handbags "for client gifts" and own 3 brand new BMWs, it draws attention!! The US Trustee said, "what's wrong with a Toyota?".

Comment

Hi Slam22: That's great news!!!! Congratulations!!!!
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

slam - hug your wife for me, i think you both could use one! it always makes me happy to see the married couples that go through this together, it's a pretty lonely thing to go it solo (i know). but hey i have you all - aww
                        Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                        (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Great going ! I tell you, everytime Cali talks about the woman with all the LV and bling I crack up... what are these people thinking??
                          "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
                          6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
                          8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
                          9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

Congrats I hope it is smooth sailing.
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X