Lowest credit score ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowest credit score ever?

I know I dont have the money to check my credit score, but I am doing some real estate work for a friend of mine and he footed the bill for me. I knew it was going to be low, but ARE YOU SERIOUS? 437? thats not a credit score thats a happy meal with no toy! Thats less than the price of gas where I live (did anyone think thier credit score would ever be lower than the price of gas?).

I swear it was over 500 before I filed, nothing to write home about but I could get auto loans. Well, now that I think about it, I missed like 4-5 payments on 20+ accounts, I can see how 100+ missed payments might hurt you.

So can anyone beat this credit score? 437, read em and weep, I know I will

If anyone had a similar score and worked it back up to 600, how long did take you?
    300-340
    2.04%
    341-380
    0.00%
    381-420
    8.16%
    421-460
    10.20%
    461-500
    14.29%
    501-540
    18.37%
    541-580
    20.41%
    581-620
    12.24%
    621+
    14.29%
    Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

I'm not sure if mine was lower or not when I filed. I'll look through the paperwork when I get home. I also can't get into my truecreditreport.com account to check my current scores, apparently I made a password I can't remember.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Out of morbid curiousity he paid to check my wifes as well, 427, yes 427.

I honestly havent felt bad or anxious about my BK until now, maybe its an accumulation of things but, JEEZ!

We told each other that we wont ever use credit again, who needs it right? But once we came to our senses we realied we might need a ride in the meantime, I dont see who is gonna give a couple of jokers with 427/437 credit scores a car. Mind you my wife is not currently working and the fact we are on welfare might hurt our auto loan chances as well.

Well thanks for letting me vent. Now try and beat a full house! 427/437 (well I guess technically it is two pair) (poker shades)
      Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless ProSe View Post
        Out of morbid curiousity he paid to check my wifes as well, 427, yes 427.

I honestly havent felt bad or anxious about my BK until now, maybe its an accumulation of things but, JEEZ!

We told each other that we wont ever use credit again, who needs it right? But once we came to our senses we realied we might need a ride in the meantime, I dont see who is gonna give a couple of jokers with 427/437 credit scores a car. Mind you my wife is not currently working and the fact we are on welfare might hurt our auto loan chances as well.

Well thanks for letting me vent. Now try and beat a full house! 427/437 (well I guess technically it is two pair) (poker shades)
        OK, ours went from 790... we have had two mortgage payments fall behind (2 months) and they've dropped 200 points since. SO, I can't imagine it can't get worse.
        "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
        6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
        8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
        9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

Um, just noticed a very similar sticky somewhere else, even has a poll, sorry I will let this one die.

Comment

What is strange is we filed on 7/11 and my scores dropped about 10-20 points. Now my scores are higher by 20-30 pts higher than before we filed.
            Last edited by shark; 08-03-2008, 08:23 AM.
            Filed Chapter7-- 07/11/08
            341 Complete --- 08/07/08
            Discharged------ 10/14/08
            Closed---------- 10/15/08

Comment

I was in the 690s when I stopped paying everything. I’m not even going to look again until after discharge
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Just checked mine and sitting at 619. Was 790 prior to waiting 6 months w/o paying or using cc before filing.
                6/11/08 - Filed Ch. 7, Filed Pro Se, No-Assets
                7/15/08 - 341 Meeting Held
                10/01/08 - Discharged
                10/08/08 - Case officially Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by duplantisjj View Post
                  Just checked mine and sitting at 619. Was 790 prior to waiting 6 months w/o paying or using cc before filing.

Well I have been afraid to look honestly. Before we quit paying it was at about the same, we quit paying about 6 months ago, so maybe ours is similar to yours???? Ok just hoping, I won't look now, waiting until after we are filed. I don't think my nerves could stand knowing right now.
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Ours were around 670-700 before we stopped paying our cc in mid May, I am too scared to look right now....I think I'll wait until after we file bk....
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

i took a snapshot of my scores the night i filed: 580s. it was actually higher than i had imagined. i had a 620 4 years ago, which was a personal best (ha). i started my business and couldn't afford to pay the credit cards, so they got occasional minimums or a token $20 here and there, and then nothing for the last 2 years. and i only dropped to 580s??

i'll check again after the discharge i hope i get ;).
                      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Right now I'm in the mid to low 500's having slipped from the mid 700's. Not paying unsecured's hurt more than I thought it would, but I'm trying to rebuild and correct my CR's so hopefully it will start to climb soon.
                        Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                        341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                        Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

FICO is a lot like losing weight, only in reverse. It takes forever to build FICO back up, and very little to make it drop.

I missed ONE mortgage payment and my FICO dropped 80 points. 80 flippin points. Now, if only I could lose weight so easily!

Comment

When did most of you pull your credit? I know our scores were both low 700's before we filed. We filed beginning of July. Our 341 is Aug. 18th. Do I wait until after we are discharged, after the meeting or should I pull them now?? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by No Gravy View Post
                              FICO is a lot like losing weight, only in reverse. It takes forever to build FICO back up, and very little to make it drop.

I missed ONE mortgage payment and my FICO dropped 80 points. 80 flippin points. Now, if only I could lose weight so easily!
                              Mortgage pmts are painful. After my DH missed two payments, his score dropped 191 points. He's defaulted on all his CCs and missed another mort. payment since. His has got to be very low.

Mine was around 733 a few months back and after missing a few pmnts AND overcharging on my ccs, it's down already to 681.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X