Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amend monthly expenses before 341 hearing

Hi,
    Is it possible to amend my expenses schedule after filing it for ch 7 but before the 341 hearing....??

If possible......can I just bring an amended and more complete expenses breakdown to the hearing..??

Is it manditory to put someone into 13 if there is excess of $200 per month after expenses.....even if the unsecured debt is $250,000.....with no assets....and no "savings" from not having to make any payments on debts that would be discharged.??

Many thanks...
    All the best folks..........

First, out of curiosity, what is the $250,000 of unsecured debt from

Yes, you can amend your expenses, but that will generally look a little fishy, but it would be better if you filed it before the 341 meeting, that way everyone sees it before the meeting.

As for chapter 13, you still fall within the qualifications for a 13, the max non-contingent, liquidated, unsecured debt for a chap. 13 is $307,675 (the max secured debt is $922,975). (See 11 USC 109(e)), so yes, they may still put you in a chapter 13, but they may not bother.

Comment

Many thanks for such a quick response........
      My $250,000 debt is from having signed personally for ..........and for going guarantor on debts for a business which failed.......and I received personal judgements for the debts.

No personal tax returns for the last three years.........another BIG problem....or just a big problem...??

Thyanks again........

Comment

Just out of curiosity how did you manage to ellude the infamous IRS for 3 years? You DONT want them to find you so be sure and tell your attorney. 3 years after we filed we received a letter from IRS saying we didnt pay enough taxes. Let me tell you the penalties are off the chart and ignorance is no excuse according to them. Our taxpreparer wrote them a letter about the penalties but they blew it off. So much for the kinder, gentler Internal Revenue. $250,000...is staggering. Good luck.

Comment

Heed edwards2's advice, the IRS does not mess around. They will hunt you down and come for what they feel is due them, no matter how insane an amount it is. My family is full of CPAs so I hear plenty of stories about the IRS and I've had an uncle who got locked up for tax fraud on his business which cost him a very successful business. Also if you really upset someone you always stand the risk of them phoning the IRS. The majority of personal audits are initiated from a so-called friend or family member contacting them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X