Apartment lease in a Bankrupty Ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apartment lease in a Bankrupty Ch 7

How does living in an Apartment and the Lease (just started August 1st until May 31st, 2006) work in a bankruptcy?... I haven't seen much information on this and wanna make sure we don't lose our apartment for some reason.

Thanks

Do I have to include it as a creditor? asset? Will the Trustee even care??? etc

Thanks again

Leases go on Schedule G of the petition (Executory Contracts). You can elect to keep them off the mailing matrix, thereby they will not get notice of the BK.
    Last edited by HHM; 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you HMM!!!! You've been a real help so far (I'll probably have more questions as this thing goes on and we get close to filing)

Comment

@HHM...In addition to listing the apartment lease on Schedule G, does it also have to be listed on the "Statement of Intention" (Form B8- part B) if I want to keep the lease?
        4/5/2010 - Filed Pro Se Ch7
        5/7/2010 - 341 mtg
        8/12/2010 - "Discharged"
        8/30/2010 - "CLOSED"

Comment

How leases get assumed may vary from district to district, I'm afraid. I left it all rather vague in my case, but, if you list someone on a statement of intention, then you have to actually serve them with it, and later in the case the idea is that you actually do (assume the lease, whatever) what you say you intended.

Comment

This is a 5 year old thread.
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X