341 tomorrow...my turn to be nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow...my turn to be nervous!

Ok, I've been reading all the posts prior to the 341's and keeping pretty calm...now it's down to the 24 hrs+ coutdown for mine, and I'm shakin' in my boots! I don't even know what I'm nervous about, but I felt it the moment I woke up this morning. It doesn't help that we just found out the attorney we hired, consulted with, met with, etc. is suddenly no longer the one who is going to represent us tomorrow! We are literally going to have a "phone consultation" 4 hrs before the 341 with this new guy. It's not like the previous atty was our BFF or anything, but at least we knew what he looked like !! Everything has seemed very straight forward so I am hoping no issues, but there is this tingly little one where we received a motion from one of the car companies that doesn't seem to make much sense -- I think I'll feel better when we ask him about that tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent, that's all this was..

Sadly with the increased bankruptcies we are seeing more and more fill ins by other lawyers to sit in on 341s and other aspects of cases. Its just a sign of the workload .

Just try to stay calm, it'll be okay.

Just a little checklist for 341:

1. Bring Driver's License and Social Security cards for all filers (if more than one on the petition).
    2. Be On Time (Do Not be late for the 341...best to aim to be there a half hour to hour early just in case)
    3. Do not bring Children if at all possible
    4. Wear what you might if you were going out to casual dining.
    5. Do Not wear expensive jewelry or other accessories.
    6. Do Not bring cell phones, cameras, electronic devices etc.

It is okay to bring a book or other reading material, but I just watched the other cases before mine.

It'll be okay . The lawyer will take notes and if the trustee wants any more documentation he'll say so and you can get that to him within a week or so.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I am sure you will be fine. Sorry about your attorney situation. We had a stand-in at our 341--had no idea who it would be until our names were called, and we got up to go to the Trustee's table--and someone stood up and stepped forward with us.

Good luck to you, and let us know how it turns out.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

martha, deep breath - it'll be fine! good luck!
        Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
        (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

You'll be fine....Good Luck!!!!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X