When should I check Pacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I check Pacer?

I signed my paperwork last Friday, August 1st. When should I check Pacer to see a status update?
    8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
    9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
    11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
    11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Downward, you may have signed your papers at the atty's office, but there's nothing to see on PACER until the case is actually filed. I notice your sig says that you filed on August 1 -- are you sure? Or did you just sign the paperwork...

Do you have a case #? Do you have a 341 date? Do you know the name of the trustee assigned to your case? If you don't have any of these, you're probably not filed yet: all of this is automatically generated when your case is filed in ECF/PACER.

When your atty tells you it has actually been filed, AND you have a case #, you can go on PACER whenever you like. But until you've filed and been issued a case #, nothing you've signed is on PACER at all. Literally, in a legal sense, your case does not exist until it is filed... which is whenever your atty gets around to doing it. Give his office a call if you're not sure when he plans to file it, or you're unsure whether he already has.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by FreshLikeADaisy; 08-05-2008, 04:39 PM.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

I agree with FLAD.

I signed paperwork and my case was filed the same day. But that isn't a guarantee.

I would see if your atty actually filed.

Good luck!!

Comment

Oh, ok. THanks Yeah what we did was sign the paperwork. The attorney did say he would contact me with my case number once he had it. So I'll just wait for that.

Thanks!
        8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
        9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
        11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
        11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X