Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Out... Pro Se In #2

Hi All:

Many of you who have been following our posts (mine and DH AngelinaCatHub) know how very dissatisfied we are with our attorney. We filed a motion with the court to discharge her services and proceed pro se with our case.

The hearing is 1:30 PM tomorrow, and while neither of us are particularly nervous, I am getting a little concerned as the hour draws nearer.

Presently, when the Judge asks why we want to do this, we plan on saying that Ms. Attorney had done what we hired her to, that is to file our paperwork. That anything extra that needs to be handled about our case, we will do it ourselves as we have no more money available to pay for extra services. And we hope to leave it at that. That way, everyone saves face.

Even though we are very dissatisfied, we don't care to crucify her. We just want to be able to talk to our Trustee ourselves.

That said, we are going armed with all the emails and paperwork that we have that will show how non-communicative she is and how little she actually prepared us for BK. We're doing this in case she shows up and tries to nail us about being difficult clients.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

That sounds like a good idea and it makes you look good and cooperative with the court. If the judge has any issues with it or she tries to make a stink, get the nail gun out and have at it. Good luck tomorrow. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

TS

Comment

Hi AngelinaCat...and Hub

I know you have written many times why you are having to go pro se. I am curious as to the status of your BK. Are you now in a chapter 7 or is that what you are going for?
      5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED
      EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Greetings 'Mom'":

We originally went for 13. We have a bad person who has harmed us to this destruction with harassing law suits and other problems. He caused both our jobs Mrs.C and my consulting to be terminated. Ergo, we changed to C7.

We are not going to mince or dice our lawyer. This is not our intent. We are both a bit agoraphobic and we cannot seem to get our questions answered or responded to and since my operation and chemical reaction to chemo, I need very much quiet and no stress. Yeah sure. As far as our status on bk, I really don't know. I have just called a special Trustee Attorney referencing my agreement on preferential payment. My attorney has not approved it without talking to us. Guess what, the phone is now turned off. So on a lame cell call I talked to her paralegal as she is with a client. She wishes to talk to us about this agreement as well as tomorrow's hearing. Can you see our frustration? This is 3:30pm and I get this new from the Trustee's special lawyer and not my own? She has my damned email and that is the best way to speak to us anyway. So, to date, nothing is moving and this is all I can tell you folks. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi Mr & Mrs Cat,

It's very nice of you not to want to "throw her under the bus", but I'm glad you are bringing all evidence in case you have to defend yourselves....Good Luck!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, she WILL be there. We didn't find that out until this afternoon. See 'Hub's earlier post.

She returned the phone call after I had gone to work, so haven't really heard how the conversation went. 'Hub told me that it was a nice conversation, but no real details. I'll find out more when I get home.

I just wish it could be cut and dried and all parties involved not have to drive 120 mile round trips for 15 minutes in a courtroom.

Comment

Of course she's nice...now....
              We'll have to wait for 'hubs report soon....
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Hey Mr & Mrs. Cat- I don't post tons, but read often and just wanted to wish you guys good luck with everything tomorrow!! I honestly hope it all works for you!!
                Chapter 13 filed: January 4, 2008 :blink: Converted to a Chapter 7: April 23,2008 :unsure:Letting go of our house in the Chapter 7. :cry:341 Meeting held: May 23, 2008, :angel: No assett will Discharge: July 22, 2008:clapping:

Comment

I am wishing you all the best for your hearing tomorrow! Hope it goes peacefully for you!
                  Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                  341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                  Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                  Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Good luck with facing the attorney. I know you will do well!! I wish you and Hub all the best and keep us posted!!!
                    Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
                    DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
                    Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
                    Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Good luck my friends. I am sure you both will do a brilliant job.

Comment

Did anything you did when you originally hired this attorney flag you on how she was? I'll be interviewing prospective attorneys any week now. Seems like the recommendation is to see 3 or 4 before deciding.

Comment

Good Luck
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by jktrading View Post
                              Did anything you did when you originally hired this attorney flag you on how she was? I'll be interviewing prospective attorneys any week now. Seems like the recommendation is to see 3 or 4 before deciding.
                              No, not at all. She was quite charming and seemed sympathetic to our plight. This is a prime example for why the recommendation is to interview 3 or 4 before hiring one. We picked her name out of a list on the Internet. Also, she is in another town, and we didn't want to hire one locally, because they all get together and hobnob after hours. Our business is too well known here as it is.

Good luck to you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X