Collector Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collector Calls

Should I be doing something about collector's who are calling even though I filed on 7/1/08 and they were included in my petition? I've notified my attorney's office, I am guessing that is all I have to do?

yeah they're likely violating the automatic stay; you filed for bankruptcy protection and you're not enjoying the benefits of it so far, it sounds like. i am not sure what the process is for you, but highlevel it involves reiterating your bk filing date to the collectors and giving them your case#, and reporting these creditors to the bk court, and including the dates and times of their violations of the stay. if i understand it correctly, the collectors may be forced to pay you some money for each violation if determined by the bk court.

someone more experienced/knowledgeable, come clean this up for me

OP, good luck and stand up for your right to bk protection!
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Informing your attorney is wise. When they call again, you should inform the creditors that they need to be speaking with your attorney. Go ahead and give them his/her contact info if it's requested.

As soleprop mentions, if your attorney handles this and they continue to call, then yes, you have recourse.
      Last edited by BassBoy; 08-07-2008, 09:36 AM.
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X