top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When were you told that you need more docs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When were you told that you need more docs?

I received a letter from my lawyer today with information--reminder of my 341hearing, frequently asked questions, etc. It states to bring my ID and proof of social security.

My 341 is on the 28th. Would I know by now if the trustee was requesting any additional documentation?

I went to pacer a couple days ago and see nothing out of the ordinary yet. My case looks blah so far.

Thanks,
    ep
    California Bankruptcy Central

If the UST is going to take interest in your case, then you will hear shortly before your 341 about needing extra documentation. Epiph, you may remember me from a long time ago -- our 1st case got dismissed, 2nd case is smooth sailing so far. We were asked for additional information in the 1st case when the UST wanted to pursue 707(b); the second case has been easy and there has been no request for info. I am counting down the days until September 9th.

Good luck,
    getouttadebt
    FILED: 6/5/08
    DISCHARGED: 9/15/08
    CLOSED: 9/19/08
    6 Months Post BK Experian Score: 690

Comment

Originally posted by getouttadebt View Post
      If the UST is going to take interest in your case, then you will hear shortly before your 341 about needing extra documentation. Epiph, you may remember me from a long time ago -- our 1st case got dismissed, 2nd case is smooth sailing so far. We were asked for additional information in the 1st case when the UST wanted to pursue 707(b); the second case has been easy and there has been no request for info. I am counting down the days until September 9th.

Good luck,
      getouttadebt

Oh I remember you and thanks for replying. I am so glad things are going well for you....finally.

So are you saying that unless the UST takes an interest, there is no request for more documentation?

And can you or anyone define "shortly"? I am less than two weeks away from the 341 and I don't want to be scrambling for anything this close to BK day.

If I am not asked for docs, I do not have to bring them? Sorry, I am nervous and feeling a little bit like a little fuzzy, cuddly bunny in the land where coyotes rule.
      ep

Comment

Hi epi:

I would think that by now you would be told, especially as you had the letter from the attorney, if anything else was required.

Now that said, I am almost having to qualify everything: we had a telephonic pre-341 the week prior to our actual 341 on 2/7/08. This is where we--and the attorney--learned we needed our marriage license. Which we brought to the actual 341, with copies to give to the trustee--who didn't want it. Only to find that they needed it in our paperwork before we could be discharged this week, 8/13/08.

GGGGRRRRRRRR
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Hi epi:

I would think that by now you would be told, especially as you had the letter from the attorney, if anything else was required.

Now that said, I am almost having to qualify everything: we had a telephonic pre-341 the week prior to our actual 341 on 2/7/08. This is where we--and the attorney--learned we needed our marriage license. Which we brought to the actual 341, with copies to give to the trustee--who didn't want it. Only to find that they needed it in our paperwork before we could be discharged this week, 8/13/08.

GGGGRRRRRRRR
          Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is right and thanks.

Guess I will call my lawyer on Monday just to be sure that there is nothing else required. At this point, if they want anything else, I am going to be doing the hokey pokey and just praying that my toes cling on to something when I pull my right foot out. God Forbid I shake it all about.

ep

Comment

In my 1st case, I was notified of the extra documentation request just 3 days prior to my 341. It wasn't much though -- they wanted the new Lease Agreement (rental), Explanation of a few abbreviations from my paystubs like, ESPP, LTD, GTL etc., copy of my $4,000 rent deposit check, proof of $200/mo charity gift (church tithe) -- but no bank statements, no receipts. They had 2 years tax returns, 6 mos paystubs already with our filing. We are WAY OVER the median income, but also WAY OVER the median debt load too! My attorney basically forwarded me the email he received from the Office of the UST in my district (CA). If they don't ask for anything before, then the UST is probably not going to lift a finger on your case.

Keep me posted,
            getouttadebt

Comment

Our attorney dropped a two-page list entitled "UST Request for Additional Documentation" in front of us about 5 minutes before we were called up at our 341 hearing. This was a SERIOUS list, more typical of the documentation required during a UST audit... 347 pages in all. Apparently the attorney for the UST emailed the list to him two weeks earlier, but he "forgot" about it.

Getouttadebt - I'm glad you posted and it's so good to hear you're not being scrutinized again. I am looking forward to your "I'm discharged!!" post!

Comment

i got a letter in the mail with the requested info from my trustee about 10 days after i filed. my 341 is the 29th. just thought i'd add my experience in so you can get a fuller picture of the average request period...looks to me like it is wildly erratic and unpredictable.
                Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

just thought i'd add my experience in so you can get a fuller picture of the average request period.

Unpredictable is right. I have decided that I am only bringing what has been communicated to me. (lawyer does have pay stubs and tax returns)

No battle pack for me. I'm going light weight and let the chips fall where they may.

ep

Comment

PS---thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it even if I don't always show it.

ep

Comment

My attorney told me that we would know before the 341 if more docs were needed or if the UST would be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                        My attorney told me that we would know before the 341 if more docs were needed or if the UST would be there.
                        But how far before? That's the question.

Thanks,

ep

Comment

My attorney said I would know 1-2 weeks beforehand.

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
                          But how far before? That's the question.

Thanks,

ep

Comment

Help!, thanks for the kind words -- I can hardly wait!

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
                              just thought i'd add my experience in so you can get a fuller picture of the average request period.

Unpredictable is right. I have decided that I am only bringing what has been communicated to me. (lawyer does have pay stubs and tax returns)

No battle pack for me. I'm going light weight and let the chips fall where they may.

ep
                              epiphany, go light weight. if you've already given your atty everything he/she will bring it with them. when we went only took dl and ss card. Any docs that were needed atty had w/her

(man the hokey pokey will never be the same)
                              pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                              filed ch7 6-12
                              341 7-25
                              Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X