Ch 7: final inputs on my forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 7: final inputs on my forms?

I'm nearly done with all my revised paperwork for ch 7, and I am meeting with an attorney, but I like to be certain and do my own research so I stay informed.

1. Schedule B: Line 12 I am going to list my 401k. The current market value is $10,000 but i have a loan against it for $2,000. Do I enter $10,000 or $8,000? (I *think* I enter $10,000??)

2. Schedule B: Line 25 I am going to list my automobile vehicle. Current Kelley Blue Book value is $24,000 but i have a loan against it for $29,000. Do I enter $24,000 or $0? (I *think* I am supposed to enter $24,000??)

3. Schedule C: I am going to list my 401k here, but what amount do I put in "Value of Claimed Exemption" and what do I put in "Current Value"? Would it be $10,000 for both even though my loan nets me to $8,000? But it doesnt matter since 401k is exempt?

4. Schedule C: I am going to list my automobile here, but what amount do I put in "Value of Claimed Exemption" and what do I put in "Current Value"?

5. Form 22A. Line 42. I own my co-op in NYC, so I am listing my mortgage here. But what about the monthyl maintenance charges I am required to pay to the co-op? Even if I did not have a mortgage, I am bound to pay the monthly maintenance which is secured by my apt (if I do not pay the maintenance, they will evict me because I am violating the proprietary lease obligation). Surely my co-op is not the first one involved in a NYC bankruptcy. So, I guess the question is where is the proper place on Form 22A for me to capture my maintenance charge of $1,000. I think it goes on line 42? If not, would it go on line 21??

Thank you for your help.

Hi again. Well, I didnt hear back on here and I needed to get the revised forms in, so I listed them and ran them by my attorney. If any further modifications need to be made, we'll address later with Trustee.

Thanks for all your inputs. Will keep you posted.

Comment

yeah, hope that goes well, 40 minutes at the start of a day is a tough time to get immediate feedback. good luck with it all.
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I just read this, so here are my answers:

1. 10k
        2. KBB value
        3. same amount as #1
        4. list autos if you actually own them
        5. don't know the answer to this one

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
          I just read this, so here are my answers:

1. 10k
          2. KBB value
          3. same amount as #1
          4. list autos if you actually own them
          5. don't know the answer to this one
          Thanks - I ended up doing precisely 1-4 as above, as for #5 I listed it as mentioned in proper spot. Thank you.

Comment

happy ira - I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X