top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be starting a job next Wed. - apt/roommate before I file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be starting a job next Wed. - apt/roommate before I file?

Well finally one of the staffing agencies in my area is getting me into a temp position as a data entry person. Chances are low that it's going to be a permanent job but it last throughout the whole year at least.

Right now I'm living with my mother until I can get a job and get together with a roommate, or if I can afford it, my own apartment. I am 29 years old and living with my mother is not a solution. Decent apartments in my area are running around $580 average.

Do you suggest that I get into an apartment or get a roommate before I file? Would this help out somewhat with the means?

I think that I would be "short enough" on cash after car payments, apartment/roommate rent, cell phone, car insurance and what not.

Before you go crazy and get into a lease for an apartment, with only a temp job. You can pay your mom rent (you really have to if you want to list it, because they may ask to see proof), but without paying her rent you stil have living expenses that can eat up a chunk of your income if not all. Expenses for 1 person can run $250 food, $80 Cell Phone, Clothing $50, Laundry/DryCleaning $20, Medical/Dental $75+, Transportation $230+, Recreation $35, Auto Insurance$??, Car Payment $??, Personal Grooming $50, Unexpected Emergencies $75. The list goes on. If you didn't eat up your income with that, then pay mom rent and utilities.

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X