Can somebody tell me what this means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just checking PACER and found this has been added.

Filed & Entered: 08/25/2008
    Order in No Asset Case
    17 Filed: 08/27/2008
    Entered: 08/28/2008
    BNC Certificate of Service - ORDER IN NO ASSET CASE

Thanks

Dennis, have you actually pulled up the pdf of the order in PACER to see what it says? That's your best bet. What you listed above only indicates that an order was posted, and that it was sent out to all interested parties.

Dude, it COULD be your discharge, for all you know. Go pull it up and see!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Exactly how do you pull it up? We've been worried sick here!

Thanks
      DENNIS

Comment

Here is what I found, what does this mean?

ORDER IN NO ASSET CASE
        In reliance upon the Trustee's Report of No Distribution, the Court finds that the property of
        the estate, if any, should be abandoned and that secured creditors with nonavoidable, perfected
        security interests in any such property should be granted limited relief from the automatic stay as
        more specifically set forth hereinafter.
        THEREFORE, it is ORDERED that the scheduled property of the estate, if any, shall be, and
        hereby is, abandoned; and it is
        FURTHER ORDERED that secured creditors with nonavoidable, perfected security interests
        in any such property shall be, and hereby are, granted limited relief from the automatic stay to
        pursue their valid claims against such property in accordance with applicable law; and it is
        FINALLY ORDERED that the Trustee is hereby discharged of his/her trust in the
        above−captioned case.
        THE AUTOMATIC STAY REMAINS IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT EXCEPT AS
        SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREINABOVE.

Thanks Dennis

Comment

Are you surrendering your house and/or car?
          Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
          341 Meeting - 08/13/08
          DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
          CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

"THEREFORE, it is ORDERED that the scheduled property of the estate, if any, shall be, and hereby is, abandoned;"

Congrats, the trustee has abandoned interest in your personal property.
            http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

We I did have a motorcycle with my CU, and I took it over last week and gave it back to them. I originally had planned on re-affirming the loan with the CU. I had another unsecured personal loan with them also, they cross collateralized the loans and I was going to have to pay both of them back. We originally told the trustee we were planning on re-affirming the motorcycle, but decided later that we couldn't afford it and took it back to the CU. I asked my attorney about it and he said it was no problem at all, to go ahead and give it back. This week I had to pay $680 for my wife to have a consultation with a oral surgeon and I have to come up with a $3000 deposit before she can have her surgery in November. So taking back the bike will give me about $200 extra a month.
              I sure hope this is all this is about and nothing big!
              Thanks Dennis

Comment

Basically, its the court order that you are a No Asset BK (congrats).

But, it is granting releif from the Automatic Stay to those secured creditors that may have a claim.

Big picture: this is a good thing. Now you simply wait for discharge.

Comment

Thank you very much. This is one of the most stressfull things I have ever been through!
                  Thanks Dennis

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X