What is next...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is next...

We had our 341 on thursday and today I checked pacer and the Trustee did a post of abondonment and it also says somenthing like DebtED and DebtJT. That means I have to complete the course, right? Besides waiting for the 60 days to expire, what else should happen??

Hi cool33097: DebtEd means you need to complete the post filing course. DebtJT means that you and your spouse filed jointly.

Abandonment means that you have some asset(s) that the trustee was initially interested in, but has for whatever reason, decided that it is of no value or use, or wouldn't be worth the money trying to recover it and then sell it to distribute the proceeds to the creditors. In our case it was two older vehicles that are too old, one vehicle that still has a sizable loan on that we are paying, and a piece of property that is not only homesteaded for us, but is a life estate.

You should get a 'Notice of Abandonment' several days later in the mail.

Good luck to you!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you for the fast answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cool33097 View Post
        Thank you for the fast answer.
        You're most welcome. I hope everything else goes as smoothly for you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Acat - very informative! i'm scared to look at PACER after my 341. but i keep mental notes on all of the codes you guys decipher.
          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X