What is a flag on my pacer report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a flag on my pacer report?

I read a thread that my case cannot be closed when it has a flag. What is a flag? I went on to my pacer report and there's a flag with the word "MEANSNO". Does anyone know what this means? I couldn't find any meaning for this abbreviation on the thread lists that were provided here.
    Also, my Case Summary notes I was discharged on 1/10/2008, but further down the list at Pending Status: is Awaiting discharge. What does this mean? Could it be related to completeing our payment plan for our buy back agreement, or because our att amended of schedules recently for her fees?
    Thanks all

It means abuse does not arise it’s a good flag if that is the only flag you should be all set
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Hi Venicehope:

I think the MEANSNO means you were negative on your Means test. We have that flag also. We were discharged Aug. 13, but will not be closed until after we make our last payment to the trustee in April. With administrative tasks and all, we should close toward the end of April.

I know you are an asset case also. I'll have 'Hub respond as well. He is the one that usually checks PACER.

Did you get my PM?
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        Hi Venicehope:

I think the MEANSNO means you were negative on your Means test. We have that flag also. We were discharged Aug. 13, but will not be closed until after we make our last payment to the trustee in April. With administrative tasks and all, we should close toward the end of April.

I know you are an asset case also. I'll have 'Hub respond as well. He is the one that usually checks PACER.

Did you get my PM?
        No you are incorrect my means has a positive number and it still has that flag.
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
          No you are incorrect my means has a positive number and it still has that flag.
          Hi TEW:

I understand. Anything I have found regarding these flag notations say: MEANSNO=n(o); MEANSYES=y(es); MEANSU=u(nsure). So that is what I have learned.

Our ex-attorney has been of no use at all with any of this.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

my understanding of the meansyes, no, and unsure is the presumption of abuse. if you have a meansno it means no presumption of abuse arises. you can get a meansno even if your disposable income is 'positive' - though you'll likely get a meansu or meansyes if your disposable income is *too* positive.

as for the 'awaiting discharge' it most surely does mean that your case will remain in its current limbo until you have completed the asset buyback plan you established with the trustee. your debts have been discharged but you will not be able to move forward in the case with the notice of discharge and subsequent case closed until the buyback agreement is fulfilled.

that's how i'd read it all, anyway! ;)
            Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
            (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Originally posted by soleprop View Post
              my understanding of the meansyes, no, and unsure is the presumption of abuse. if you have a meansno it means no presumption of abuse arises. you can get a meansno even if your disposable income is 'positive' - though you'll likely get a meansu or meansyes if your disposable income is *too* positive.

as for the 'awaiting discharge' it most surely does mean that your case will remain in its current limbo until you have completed the asset buyback plan you established with the trustee. your debts have been discharged but you will not be able to move forward in the case with the notice of discharge and subsequent case closed until the buyback agreement is fulfilled.

that's how i'd read it all, anyway! ;)
              I think you are right soleprop
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Yes, soleprop is correct. An interesting side note, though, is that you can file your BK and initially have a "MEANSNO" flag but have it changed to "MEANSYES" when the U.S. Trustee has decided to go after your case for abuse. This can be an important heads up if you see this flag and your attorney has neglected to tell you the U.S. Trustee is looking to dismiss/convert your Ch. 7 (speaking from my own experience).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X