341 tomorrow afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow afternoon

The attorney's office called today and left a message with a reminder like you'd get for a dentists appointment. Nobody has asked for anything beyond my Drivers License and Social Security Card. There's been no change on PACER in almost three weeks. The silence is deafening.

I've been printing bank statements and getting stuff organized tonight. I asked the attorney about what I should bring and he seemed kind of annoyed when I kept asking questions like "what about pay stubs?" and "what about bank statements?" All he wants is the Driver's License and Social Security Cards and I can bring whatever else I want if it makes me happy.

I'm probably way over informed and over prepared but I can't imagine the countless others who aren't.

We're praying for an anticlimactic meeting tomorrow! You can check back here tomorrow night and read about what happened if you're interested.
    Last edited by Keebler; 09-12-2008, 01:17 PM.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Good luck and I think your doing the right thing. Its the folks that think this is a breeze that find it isnt.....Cant wait to hear how it goes for you

Comment

good luck Keebler. But I think you have a pretty open & shut case and won't encounter any problems. I'll check back for updates.
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
        Good luck and I think your doing the right thing. Its the folks that think this is a breeze that find it isnt.....Cant wait to hear how it goes for you
        Boy do I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this is serious as a heart attack so I am going ready for a fight.

Anything less than all out war with the trustee will be a gift.

Good luck to the OP.
        Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

My 341 is Monday, and I've been doing the exact same thing. I've been making copies of all my documents, 'just in case'. I too, have had no change on Pacer and haven't been asked for anything additional either. I thought in my case the minute I filed, I'd have gotten letters requesting more info especially from the US Trustee. But I know they can still show up at the 341 and request things so I'm not out of the clear yet.

I do wish you the very best of luck! This is soo stressful and nerve wracking!! I hope it goes smoothly for you!!
          Filed Chapter 7: 8/13/08
          341 Meeting: 9/15/08
          Last Day To File Objections: 11/14/08
          Discharged & Closed: 11/18/08

Comment

Hope it goes well!

Comment

My attorney was right about what he said to bring. The trustee didn't ask anyone at my 341 for bank statements, pay stubs, all they wanted was ID and SS card.

Good luck!!

Comment

Good luck!

Trust your attorney. I also bombarded mine with questions as to what to bring. He didn't ask me to bring anything, not even dl and SSn. We got there and sure enough the trustee didn't ask us for anything.

So I'm sure your attorney knows what you need.
                8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
                9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
                11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
                11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Comment

I think you are stressing too much. You will do fine. Let us know how it goes.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

OOOOoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. **deep breath**

Hang in there!
                    Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                    341 Oct 8 2008
                    Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

the quiet on PACER is a good sign; means no creditors have filed any notices of pending APs. nothing happened in PACER for me between the notice to creditors going out and my 341 - and my 341 went really smooth (trustee actually was even helpful as i filed Pro Se and it was apparent in one or two of my schedules, lol).

come back and tell us how it went!
                      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

OMG we're so blessed to have the support of everyone here!

The 341 was about as painless as anyone could ask for. The trustee did little more than swear us in and ask the standard questions to verify our information. He was talking about as fast as he could to get things done quickly, but I'm pretty sure I heard him dictating words to the effect of finding no assets and recommending discharge. I'll believe it when PACER is updated.

The long version...

We got there only ten minutes early and found our attorney was absent. We sat and listened to a case or two in front of ours and got a feel for the standard five minute drill the trustee was using.

Our case was part of the batch starting the following hour so the trustee took a break for five minutes and was BS'ing with the attorney from the local BK Mill who seemed to be representing all the people we already heard and was still sitting at the table.

They brought up a case that would be later in the day and it sounded a bit controverisal. I was straining to hear the details and I was amazed to find out that this attorney (or his firm at least) was representing a case that was a Chapter 13 filed last year who had now filed to be converted to a Chapter 7. Come to find out these folks had a previous Chapter 7 in 2002 and they were both marveling over what a mess it was going to be get it all straightened out. I thought "Good Lord" these people are represented by idiots if this is the first clue that there's a problem. Hello?

Then, right on the hour, they stopped and the trustee apologetically gave the speech he apprenetly gives every group. It wasn't until that moment that my attorney leapt through the door. I remember rolling my eyes and my wife doing the same.

It was clear the first case was something unusual but it wasn't clear right away because this unfortunate lady's attorney hadn't showed up yet and his stand-in hadn't showed up either. They asked her to sit back down and started announcing my case when the lady's attorney slithered in the door. What's interesting is that her attorney was one I had identified as a bad one by all of my PACER exploration and he was being covered for by one of the attorneys I interviewed and liked least.

Well, it's hard to explain all the details because her meeting was at least 30 minutes long and included a conference call with the US Trustee's office! She almost deserves to be the poster child for what not to do as you file bankruptcy. I'm not convinced she even realized she was in big trouble and her attorney sat quietly as she dug herself a deeper hole. In any case, I had a clue what was happening and I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. Needless to say, her meeting was continued until next month and she'll be digging up credit card statements and bank statements to name a few.

Our case was next and I felt like I had nothing to fear after hearing what she went through! It was quick and painless.

One weird thing is how a previous case had used the state's exemptions instead of the federal ones. I heard the trustee tell these people they needed to provide bank statements because cash can't be exempted under the state's exemptions. I thought I was going to get asked the same thing because I had also filed using the state's exemptions but the question never came up. I was worried because my account was empty except for the money I paid my attorney and they waited nearly a week to withdraw.

The whole thing was recorded and the trustee would speak real fast for all of the standard stuff he needs to say and then slow down and ask questions very politely. At the end he dictated something to the effect of the language I'm used to hearing when the Trustee finds you have no assets and recommends discharge. I don't remember him saying that for anyone else we heard so I'm wondering if it was just my imagination. I'll believe it when PACER gets updated.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL ADVICE AND HELP OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS. YOU'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL!
                        Last edited by Keebler; 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM.
                        Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

yeeehaw!
                          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

YEAH!!! Thank you for posting all the details!
                            Filed C7 12-09-08
                            Discharged 5-15-09

Comment

Great Job Keeb!

Thanks for giving us all the colorful details. It made for fine reading.

ep
                              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X