top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare reason to smile: Creditor error (small).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare reason to smile: Creditor error (small).

This error is small, but I couldn't resist posting: I was going through the docket report on PACER. Two of my creditors had filed Notice of Appearance (probably to stay informed, may not necessarily show up to the 341). Anyway, the mortgage company, with whom I plan on reaffirming my loan badly misspelled the Trustees name TWICE on the Notice of Appearance form. Once in the section where it states "Assigned to:..." and the other in the "TO..." field about who will get copies of the Notice of Appearance.

Two different misspellings!! Now, it's possible the Trustee himself will never notice/read this piece of paper, but if he does, I can't imagine he will be pleased. Without revealing his name for obvious reasons, here is another name but with the same kind of typo:

Correct name of Trustee: James K. Bleach

Names used by Creditor on the form: James V. Burp and James K. Bech.

The misspellings are *really* bad. They even used two different middle initials for him. Yowzer!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Is that the trustees real name? If so I wouldn't post it on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
      Is that the trustees real name? If so I wouldn't post it on this board.
      No--I made up the name I posted here, but the misspelling is indicative of how badly the Creditor misspelled it.

Comment

lol!!!! it reminds me of the judgement i have against me; the lady that got it against me mispelled my name all kinds of wrong (which i don't get as it's an easy name) so when i included her in my creditor matrix i made sure to misspell the hell out of hers too - bahahahahaha. just enough to make it obvious i knew her name and was playing phonetics with it.

yeah, i know...childish - but fun! f her.
        Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
        (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I guess creditors don't have to know the basics to spelling LOL.

Comment

I gave a 10 year old car away to my parents it was a 1998 ford contour with 100K miles, I am filing very soon could this be a problem, I never thought of it untill this post

Comment

when did you give it to them. it had to have been a while ago or it may be considered a fraudulent asset transfer. however, if you can stuff that car into your exemptions (if you're using fed, try using some of the 'if unused' $10,125 homestead exemption that can be applied to any other property), i would do that. i'm pretty sure that dodges the issue.

Comment

it was 15 months ago is that old enough?

Comment

Originally posted by happy_ira View Post
                  This error is small, but I couldn't resist posting: I was going through the docket report on PACER. Two of my creditors had filed Notice of Appearance (probably to stay informed, may not necessarily show up to the 341). Anyway, the mortgage company, with whom I plan on reaffirming my loan badly misspelled the Trustees name TWICE on the Notice of Appearance form. Once in the section where it states "Assigned to:..." and the other in the "TO..." field about who will get copies of the Notice of Appearance.

Two different misspellings!! Now, it's possible the Trustee himself will never notice/read this piece of paper, but if he does, I can't imagine he will be pleased. Without revealing his name for obvious reasons, here is another name but with the same kind of typo:

Correct name of Trustee: James K. Bleach

Names used by Creditor on the form: James V. Burp and James K. Bech.

The misspellings are *really* bad. They even used two different middle initials for him. Yowzer!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
                  LOL!! I hope the Trustee see this!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by halloweendmb1 View Post
                    it was 15 months ago is that old enough?
                    i don't think it will be far enough in the past; the trustee was asking the people at my 341 if they had transferred any assets worth $600 or more in the last two years.

Comment

Thanks I will let my attorney know when I file

Comment

Originally posted by halloweendmb1 View Post
                        I gave a 10 year old car away to my parents it was a 1998 ford contour with 100K miles, I am filing very soon could this be a problem, I never thought of it untill this post
                        I gave away a commercial vehicle to a close friend who knew how to fix what was wrong with it. I had to close my business and didn't know how to handle the truck thing. This friend had done a lot to help me over the years, so I just let him have it. The trustee asked me about it, but didn't seem to be too concerned over it, or at least he didn't say much about it at my 341.

Comment

Originally posted by soleprop View Post
                          i don't think it will be far enough in the past; the trustee was asking the people at my 341 if they had transferred any assets worth $600 or more in the last two years.
                          I think this part of the whole thing is dumb. Many people, myself included, begin to sell things off when they're in financial trouble. Not to avoid problems with bankruptcy or to hide assets, but to keep their heads above water. I was trying my damnedest to avoid BK by selling things and doing everything I could to make money to pay these bloodsucking credit card companies. My creditors GOT the benefit of that money already, is what I'm saying.

Comment

i hear what you're saying debster, but the trustee is more concerned with people offloading/giving/transferring than selling; selling to cover expenses is one thing. however giving something without compensation (like the poster who gave a vehicle to their parents) can look shady prior to bk. though i'm sure if it can be explained in a reasonable fashion and the trustee is understanding, it shouldn't cause a pile of flags.

Comment

this is a weirdly mixed thread, half mispelling stuff, half transfer of assets stuff.
                              Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                              Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X