Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DISCHARGED!..but one more question

Hello everyone!

Just want to share the good news of hope. We were $13k over the median and were succesfully discharged with around $65k in unsecred debt chapter 7on Friday Sept 12! No objections...341 was easy. I guess it's not ALL horror stories.

Thanks to some advice here on the form, I called the clerks office to follow up on day 63 past the 341 and asked when we might recieve a discharge letter. I left a message. To my suprise I recieved a call back on fridau from the clerk assigned to my case. She said "I am sending out your discharge letter today!"

Final question...does anyone know if they can come after future tax returns from this point?

If you are discharged of all debt, they shouldn't come after your tax returns.

Congrats on the discharge! I was discharged this month as well.

Comment

Congrats!
      8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
      9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
      11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
      11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Comment

Hey, BKO...congratulations! I think that makes you the seventh member of the September Club...
        Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
        341 meeting: July 18, 2008
        last day for objections: September 16, 2008
        DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Another SUCCESS!!! Here you go!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by BK Overwhelmed View Post
            We were $13k over the median and were succesfully discharged with around $65k in unsecred debt chapter 7on Friday Sept 12!
            Firstly, congrats on the discharge and enjoy the fresh start!

Question: when you say "13k over median" was that on form 22A (Means Test) and was that before you deducted additional expenses? In other words, was the very bottom line on form 22A still above what was supposed to be negative monthyl??

Comment

I would think the 13k would be income before deductions. At least that is how my 23k over was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                I would think the 13k would be income before deductions. At least that is how my 23k over was.
                Makes sense. My situation as well (though different $$).

Comment

first, congrats on the discharge!!

second...i could have this wrong but if i'm right you'll need to confirm your case determination in PACER (asset/no asset):

Originally posted by BK Overwhelmed View Post
                  Final question...does anyone know if they can come after future tax returns from this point?
                  that depends on if the trustee determined your case to be asset/no asset. it should say in PACER. if it says no asset, you're home free, they can't come after future tax returns.

if it says asset, they can, regardless of your having gotten the NOD (notice of discharge) which just means your debts were discharged, my understanding of it is that you can get your discharge but case stays open until trustee gets the assets they're waiting for (in this case it would be future tax returns unprotected by exemptions).

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  If you are discharged of all debt, they shouldn't come after your tax returns.
                  i agree they shouldn't, but i'm worried they can if you have not protected future tax returns with exemptions and the trustee has considered your case an asset case.
                  Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                  (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Hi...yes AFTER deductions...we were about $600 negative on means test and $1300 neg on sched J. So the $13k was what were over BEFORE deductions. I think the median for my family size in my county was around $80K and we were pulling in around $93K.

Thanks for all the conrats! And congrats to all you others in the september club.

Comment

Congrats

Yes even if discharged in theory they could still request tax refunds. Don't worry about it though and enjoy the fresh start. Once the case is closed then they don't want anything more, many cases discharge/close on same day so good luck .
                      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X