to Happy Ira...good luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to Happy Ira...good luck!

Hey, Ira, haven't heard a peep from you in a while. Isn't your 341 tomorrow - Monday? Good luck, and please let us know how it goes with you.
    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Yes, Good luck. I hope it goes well. Please let us know.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi all. Been busy lately with the family and I've been trying to limit my postings here unless I have a specific question since I am getting ready with reviewing my financials, documentation submitted, etc. My 341 is Tuesday, not Monday--thanks for asking and looking out for me. I am, of course, nervous... like most of us who go to a 341, but I am hoping for the best. A few loose end questions that I suppose coudl come up, but I believe I have plausible reasons for the Trustee. I can't wait until Tuesday afternoon, when I will eb sure to post my review of the 341 here.

Quick question: Are there other debtors who have the exact same timeslot as me for the 341? Let's say my slot was 9:30am. Would there be more than one person with this time? (like in a doctor's office) or am I the only one? I'm curious how long I'll be sitting, waiting until they call me.

Comment

Hey IRA - Goodluck on Tuesday. I will be thinking goodluck thoughts for you that day.....

Comment

Originally posted by happy_ira View Post
          Quick question: Are there other debtors who have the exact same timeslot as me for the 341? Let's say my slot was 9:30am. Would there be more than one person with this time? (like in a doctor's office) or am I the only one? I'm curious how long I'll be sitting, waiting until they call me.
          I suppose they all handle it in their own ways, but my trustee had half a dozen people assigned to each half-hour slot, and she attempted to run down the list in case number order. Of course that system was out the window within three minutes, since a couple of attorneys hadn't shown up, and then she bunched several cases with the same attorney together.

Actually, the entire "schedule" was toast before we even started, since she was half an hour late getting back from lunch. Everyone who arrived early to watch the cases in front of us ended up standing in the very narrow hallway outside the hearing room for 45 minutes to an hour, watching nervous guys coming out of the men's room. And NOT talking to each other. .

It was pretty free-wheeling; no "this is how it goes" speech at the beginning, no general announcements, nothing. From what I've seen here, you could be called immediately, or you could end up sitting for hours. Take LOTS of change for the parking meter. There, wasn't that helpful?

Glad to hear from you, Ira.
          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSprite View Post
            Take LOTS of change for the parking meter. There, wasn't that helpful?
            Very helpful. Fortunately, I'll be taking mass transportation to get there.

Comment

Good luck Happy_ira

Go early! There was a post earlier on the train ride from a nightmare but then the 341 went well!
              Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
              341 Oct 8 2008
              Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Good luck tomorrow happy!!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. Since you're taking public transportation, make sure you leave with plenty of time to get there!!! The buses and trains are constantly having delays these days!!!

My trustee took a long time with most of the people. He had about 10 for each time slot. My appt was at 10:00am yet I wasn't called til 11:45am. He was running way behind.

Also, are you going to the brooklyn court house?? If yes, and if you're not familiar with that area, it's the court house with the scaffolding on the outside. There are 3 court houses next to one another spread over 3 blocks. It's easy to get confused if you're not familiar with the area. You will have to go through security, metal detectors and will have check your cell phone with the guards. They put it in a locker and give you a number for when you come back to pick it up. So if you need to make any calls, do it before going into the courthouse.
                  Filed Chapter 7: 8/13/08
                  341 Meeting: 9/15/08
                  Last Day To File Objections: 11/14/08
                  Discharged & Closed: 11/18/08

Comment

Hi HIRA! Check in today! We are thinking good thoughts!
                    Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                    341 Oct 8 2008
                    Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

How did it go??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X