Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add a debt when filing Chapter 7

Hi,

I just checked my 3 bureau report. There was a $900 debt I forgot about that was only listed under Experian. I based my debts on Transunion so forgot about this debt and it was never put on my Bankruptcy. It's not enough that will hurt me but it would be nice to get rid of it. My creditor meeting is on Oct. 21st. Is it pretty much too late to do anything about that? I read somewhere that it may just get wiped out automatically. I'm assuming since I forgot it will be a valid debt even after BK discharge.

I did the same thing i called the creditor and told them about the BK and gave them the case number. It shows on my CR as Included in the BK
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

In most cases if you are a no asset case, then yes all debts will be discharged even if they are not listed.

However, to be on the safe side I would amend your creditor matrix and add them in. You can add creditors any time between filing and discharge. The court will charge $26 to file the amended matrix
      Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
      341 Meeting - 08/13/08
      DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
      CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Since your 341 meeting is on Oct. 21, just about three more weeks, get your lawyer to amend your petition and add the outfit as an additional creditor. Might cost you an additional fee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X