Listing setoffs on Sched. F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing setoffs on Sched. F

I have claims that are setoff with the creditor, and now the claims are with a collection agency.
    Now where do I list the amount of the claim. With the creditor or with the collector, In regards to schedule F?
    Also, how should I these list collectors on the schedule?

List both the original creditor and the collection agency. Make sure that ANY interested party is included so they show on the matrix.

Comment

Setoff mean that you owe someone $X amount of money, but because of whatever circumstances, that amount you owe the creditor should be reduced. (i.e. a counter claim of sorts).

What exactly is your claim for setoff with these CA's and how certain are the claims?

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Setoff mean that you owe someone $X amount of money, but because of whatever circumstances, that amount you owe the creditor should be reduced. (i.e. a counter claim of sorts).

What exactly is your claim for setoff with these CA's and how certain are the claims?
        Example; I owed WaMu $4,000. They never got the money from me so it was charged off. Now I owe the collection agency the $4,000.

Im thinking setoff and chargeoff is the same, no?

Comment

Originally posted by KP1980 View Post
          Example; I owed WaMu $4,000. They never got the money from me so it was charged off. Now I owe the collection agency the $4,000.

Im thinking setoff and chargeoff is the same, no?
          Nope. You list both Wamu and the CA. You don't really need to get into the whole set-off situation in this circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Nope. You list both Wamu and the CA. You don't really need to get into the whole set-off situation in this circumstance.
            So I list both, but who do I owe?

Comment

Once its discharged...NO ONE! lol
              You owe the original creditor, but the collection agency has an interest in it because they collect a percentage if they can get you to pay.
              When doing the schedules, I first list the original creditor, then below it on the next line I list the collection agency as if it is a separate debt. In the considerations box, I notate that it is a collection company for the original creditor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                Once its discharged...NO ONE! lol
                You owe the original creditor, but the collection agency has an interest in it because they collect a percentage if they can get you to pay.
                When doing the schedules, I first list the original creditor, then below it on the next line I list the collection agency as if it is a separate debt. In the considerations box, I notate that it is a collection company for the original creditor.
                Thanks. That is how I did it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X