How does this sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this sound

So I met with an attorney today and set up a time next week to go in and do credit counseling on the computer. He said that he does not go to 341s, but there are 2 other attys in the office, one of which would be there with me. Is this normal? I asked him a lot of questions and he answered them, but I felt like he wasn't really saying much else. I expected him to explain things to me without having to ask about each and every detail. This is a big decision! He didn't even ask me my total debt. It sounds like he has the computer credit counseling do that, he said it will tell me whether or not I should file for bankruptcy. Does this all sound weird or am I being silly...

That is how some attorneys operate. In my opinion, they are bankruptcy factories. They can get the job done, don't get me wrong, but it sounds as if it would be frustrating to me. There is an attorney in our area who does not ever attend a 341. The client is expected to go alone. If I were paying an attorney to do my bankruptcy, I would want them with me every step of the way. What is going on? Have computers now taken over the legal profession as well?
    Bottom line, you should feel comfortable with your attorney and what they are doing for you. If not, go in for a consult with another until you find the one that is right for you.

Comment

My attorney is helpful and his staff is great, but not totally in depth. For my kind of uncomplicated BK, I think it's fine, but if you have more issues and therefore more questions I would go with someone else. My attorney only goes to the 341's of more complicated in-depth BKs... another attorney in his firm attended mine.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I was only mentioning the attorney that never attends as an example. As long as someone is attending with you, you are being represented. I wasn't saying anything in reference to your attorney on that point.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X