341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting

First, thank you all for your good wishes and help! I think all the good thoughts sent our way were very helpful!

We drove to the meeting while I had the worst dizzy hot flashes triggered by stress all the way. DH grabbed my hand and we headed up. They have a waiting room with names on a list, no security and forms to fill out. A man across from me had a bluetooth headset on and grinned at me. I was like, WOW.

My atty showed up and he had a few other clients in addition to us. He helped us all fill out a form called the 341 Creditor's Meeting Form. The atty signed this form along with us at the bottom (didn't know about this part). A lady walked in and asked our atty why her atty wasn't there and why her name wasn't on the list because she just came back from vacation. (!) Our atty just said for her to call *her* atty. I thought, yeah, you go tell the trustee you just went on vacation... surreal.

Guess what, we were first.... headed in and a couple was there already, being grilled on questions by someone and the husband was having trouble (with English too). Questioner left, trustee who had been quiet said he wanted more docs.

We got called, did our oath and I think we looked like AAAHHHHHH!!! The whole thing took like 5 minutes.

The Trustee began asking us questions: Forms correct? Yes. Anything changed on forms? No. And then (my atty prepared us well):Has income changed? Yes, we closed the businesses. Oh, DH you have dba blah, did you close? Yes. OK, (to me), you are a blah, and yours? Closed. DH, do you have a job? No. How are you supporting yourself? (my longest answer) The receivables, as listed in our petition. (click click laptop). You are living off of $X? Yes. Are you keeping your home? No, surrendering. Any refi's in last 180 days? No. Any creditors present? No, OK, you are dismissed.

Atty says after, call if you have questions.....

I stagger out and decide I can't draw attention by watching more I DO have a question Mr. Atty, was that GOOD?! (Of course, I think of this *after* we leave the room...)

I also realized they didn't ask for our bank stmts we were asked to bring in...... So I hope it was! I think I need to go keel over onto the floor now.

I do have to say, I understood the questions much more easily because of this forum and what I've read here, so thank you all! I was not confused or caught off-guard

Based on your guys' experience, does this sound normal? Good? Indifferent?
    Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by BROKENN; 10-08-2008, 10:08 AM.
    Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
    341 Oct 8 2008
    Discharged Dec 9 2008

Easy, Peasy, Lemon, Squeezy. I am sure if you check PACER in about 3 to 4 days the Trustee will have filed his/her NDR (No Distribution Report) meaning you are a no asset case.

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Hi Brokenn,

Congrats to you.... One big hurdle out of the way!
      Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
      2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
      Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
        Easy, Peasy, Lemon, Squeezy.
        ROFLMAO!!! I love what you said! Thanks for the feedback.

Hitting delirium.... ***higher brain function has been suspended, pending administrative review!***
        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
        341 Oct 8 2008
        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

CONGRATS! Two great 341s in one day!!!!!

I say it's time for a drink! lol
          FILED!: August 11, 2008 * Pre-Filing Fico Score - 643 * 341: October 8, 2008 * Last Day for Objections: December 7, 2008
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

Congratulations. May the rest of the time fly...!

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
              Congrats to you.... One big hurdle out of the way!
              Thanks Dude! I still can't believe I'm through it
              Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
              341 Oct 8 2008
              Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie86 View Post
                CONGRATS! Two great 341s in one day!!!!!

I say it's time for a drink! lol
                Margaritas on the house! My buy!
                Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                341 Oct 8 2008
                Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

congrats broken
                  sounded just like mine
                  Welcome to the 60 day club
                  Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Way to go, Brokenn, and welcome to the 60-day club!
                    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Felicidades!

Congrats!!
                      Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                      341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                      Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                      Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Way to go Brokenn...sounds like smooth sailing! Celebrate some relief in all this!!

60 days and counting down!

bk22

Comment

Hope the sixty days go by fast!

Comment

Thanks guys! You are all great.

Yea Pinkie, we are twins! Even the meeting time, pretty incredible! I think we probably hyperventilated in unison.
                            Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                            341 Oct 8 2008
                            Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

YEAH!!! So happy for you!!! I feel so much better after hearing your story... however, I know I'll be just like you and I might have a migraine over the whole thing! Congrats!!!
                              Filed C7 12-09-08
                              Discharged 5-15-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X