Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I amend a Creditor list?

Hi,

I accidentally forgot one creditor on my no-asset Chapter 7 filing. My creditor meeting is in like 2 and a half weeks. I am wondering how I can go about amending or adding on the missed creditor. Some people say I don't need to do anything because all debts are erased automatically on a no asset Chapter 7. If I do or should amend, what form(s) do I fill out and turn in? THANKS!

If you're represented by an attorney ask him/her.

Comment

I'd just like to see how to do it on my own. Is it even necessary? Is that true that since I have no assets it may automatically be discharged even thoug hit is not on my creditor list/matrix?

Comment

It needs to be on your matrix. If it is not, if you try to say it was included later (post bankruptcy), they will say SHOW ME. It is fairly easy to amend or even to add. Depending upon what your local rules are, you may be able to just add them to the matrix without amending the petitions. If you have an attorney, ask them, if you don't, contact the court admin. and inform them that you will be adding a creditor to the matrix and ask them if they require you to amend the schedules.

Comment

There was a CA that we had never heard of which sent us a letter, offering us a settlement after we had filed BK and I asked the atty to go ahead and put them on the list, but they have not done so. Our last day for objections is Tuesday. The original creditor is listed on the matrix, as well as another CA. Should I bother the atty again or just leave it alone?
          Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
          341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
          Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
          Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

You should be fine as long as the original creditor is listed. I would just sent a quick letter to the CA stating that you have filed, case number, etc. and state that the original creditor has been listed. Pretty much, go away or else.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer - good idea.
              Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
              341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
              Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
              Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X