Turned in all the paperwork to the attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned in all the paperwork to the attorney

2 weeks or so ago and still no word. I have emailed and called and the attorney has not gotten back to me.
    Today I received a letter from US Bank stating that they are currently in the process of searching and verifying any property that is owned by me. The search may include, but is not limited to: automobiles, business assets, homes, and land. This info will be compiled and retained to aid in future collections procedures against the account.
    Does this mean they can just come into our house and take everything? I don't understand it and I wish the attorney would call me back!! I am still getting up to 60 calls per day - some of them call like every 5 minutes
    I am 29 weeks pregnant and don't need this right now.

Originally posted by marcie26 View Post
    2 weeks or so ago and still no word. I have emailed and called and the attorney has not gotten back to me.
    Today I received a letter from US Bank stating that they are currently in the process of searching and verifying any property that is owned by me. The search may include, but is not limited to: automobiles, business assets, homes, and land. This info will be compiled and retained to aid in future collections procedures against the account.
    Does this mean they can just come into our house and take everything? I don't understand it and I wish the attorney would call me back!! I am still getting up to 60 calls per day - some of them call like every 5 minutes
    I am 29 weeks pregnant and don't need this right now.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I don't even know what pacer is - yes, I paid all the fees and took the pre-counseling class thing online. Then I submitted my list of creditors to him. I was told one week and then we had to go back to look over and sign.

Comment

http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/

you can setup an account on pacer so you can stay up to date on your case.
        I use my SS number to find my case but your lawyer should be talking to you. this will help you to find out if you are filed.
        good luck let us know how you make out
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thank you very much for the information - I will check that out.

You have to enter cc info? It costs money?
          Last edited by marcie26; 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

If you have retained (paid for) your lawyer, you should be referring calls to him. That was one of the biggest benefits when I retained mine... he said to just tell all creditors that we had retained a bankruptcy lawyer, and to give anyone his name and number. Generally, the calls stop at that point. You might get a call after 30 days if you haven't filed yet, but that should stop the calls.

My lawyer said that very few of my creditors had actually called him, but if felt good to give out his number. Most of them changed their tune considerably at that time.
            Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
            Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
            If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Never_Again View Post
              If you have retained (paid for) your lawyer, you should be referring calls to him. That was one of the biggest benefits when I retained mine... he said to just tell all creditors that we had retained a bankruptcy lawyer, and to give anyone his name and number. Generally, the calls stop at that point. You might get a call after 30 days if you haven't filed yet, but that should stop the calls.

My lawyer said that very few of my creditors had actually called him, but if felt good to give out his number. Most of them changed their tune considerably at that time.
              sounds to me like PO is not having luck with the lawyer they paid if she has her case number she can give it to the creditors when they call and she SHOULD not hear them again
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Yea, give them your lawyers number and tell them NOTHING else. I went from getting 20-30 calls a day to none in 2 days. It's so nice to answer the phone and have something to say to those guys.
                Pre-Filing Credit Scores:
                Mine - 705 DW - 715
                Filed 08/09/2008
                341 09/25/2008

Comment

I was kind of afraid to say anything to any of them until I heard back from my lawyer.
                  He did email me back yesterday (wow, and on a Saturday!) - he told me not to worry about the letter from Us Bank and that the petition is ready to file - we just need to make an apt to review and sign it! Sooo, now when can I breathe again???

Comment

Originally posted by marcie26 View Post
                    I was kind of afraid to say anything to any of them until I heard back from my lawyer.
                    He did email me back yesterday (wow, and on a Saturday!) - he told me not to worry about the letter from Us Bank and that the petition is ready to file - we just need to make an apt to review and sign it! Sooo, now when can I breathe again???
                    that's great once you've file the creditors with be notified the calls and mail should stop in a couple of days. once you have your case number if they call just give them that and you SHOULD not hear from them again.
                    good luck
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                      that's great once you've file the creditors with be notified the calls and mail should stop in a couple of days. once you have your case number if they call just give them that and you SHOULD not hear from them again.
                      good luck
                      Thank you - I am just so worked up about it all - I hear positive stories all the time, but then I hear some not so positive ones - we would be screwed if we got audited cause I throw everything away! My husband is worried that they will take our house and stuff away (I worry about it, but remind myself that they can't take my kids and they are the most important thing in the world to me) So just freaked out until the discharge - I know I need to relax or I will put myself into premature labor.

Comment

If there was going to be a problem with your house or any of your stuff your lawyer would have most likely told you about it.
                        Not knowing anything about your case it's hard to say. But the lawyers do it everyday they know what to do So relax
                        before you know it you'll be discharged and thinking back about how worried you were. treat that new baby to a good nights sleep. and yourself you've earned it
                        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                        341 09/17/2008
                        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X