Los Angeles Couty, CA

I plan to file a Pro Se Chapter 7 Emergency Filing Friday, 10.17.08

I have the following:

Voluntary Petition
    Exihibit D
    Form B21
    Form 3A
    * am I missing anything*

Do I have to file @ the LA County office? Or can I file @ any office within the "Central District of California"?

I have $100 to pay my first installment when I file. Will I find out if the installment plan is approved same day?

What do I tell my employer when my automatic stay is initated to stop the wage garnishments? Do I have to tell them that I filed for bankruptcy or can I just tell them the wage garnishment has been stopped?

I plan to file the barebones paperwork to initiate the bankruptcy, and then pay a parallegal to finish off the rest of the paperwork within a weeks time. Will I have to present the remaining paperwork in person to the court or can is there another way to send it? I don't want to have to miss hours at work to go to the court again.

Please help!
    Last edited by *aaron*; 10-15-2008, 03:56 PM.
    Filed 10.23.08 - Chapter 7 Pro Se
    341 meeting 12.23.08

Look over those Schedules very, very carefully. Have a plan on exactly how you are going to get them all filled out. Have that information at your fingertips. I frankly do not recommend emergency filings. But, if you go that route, be prepared to immediately meet with that petition preparer and get the papers done. Make sure that petition preparer is following the rules that pertain to him/her also.

Comment

Don't I get 15 days to file the rest of the paperwork?

Is that 15 business days or 15 calendar days?

Do I have all the necessary paperwork to do an emergency file?

Please help. It's crunch time and I really need to file this Friday.
      341 meeting 12.23.08

Comment

Its 15 Calander Days.

Comment

Thank you.

Bump for some more answers.

All input is welcome.
          341 meeting 12.23.08

Comment

All you need for an emergency filing is
            1. The Petition (the front page).
            2. Schedule of Creditors
            3. Creditor Matrix.

Comment

Just to confirm, which form is the "Schedule of Creditors
              341 meeting 12.23.08

Comment

Originally posted by *aaron* View Post
                Just to confirm, which form is the "Schedule of Creditors
                I know you're scrambling to get this together, but do you have the Nolo book?
                I believe it's downloadable, so you could have the benefit of a great resource immediately.

Here's a link to PDFs of all the bankruptcy forms. Looks as if there are three flavors of the schedule of creditors, so you'll have to figure out which applies.

Have you taken the pre-filing counseling?

Lots and lots of successful pro-se filers here...jump in, please!
                Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

If you are planning to file tomorrow - take the online credit counseling course immediately today so you can have your certificate tomorrow, the day you plan to file. (I know my attorney's office said it takes 24 hours for the agency to supply the certificate showing you have taken the mandatory pre-filing course)
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                    If you are planning to file tomorrow - take the online credit counseling course immediately today so you can have your certificate tomorrow, the day you plan to file. (I know my attorney's office said it takes 24 hours for the agency to supply the certificate showing you have taken the mandatory pre-filing course)
                    Just finished it. I think I may just go next week instead to file. It will be October 31st and I'll still have the automatic stay for my wage garnishment effective this month. My employer only sends out 1 payment a month for my wage garnishment, so I should be fine, right?

This way I can also pay the entire filing fee when I get paid next week instead of paying installments.

What do you guys think?
                    341 meeting 12.23.08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X