Should I accept Car Gift and get a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I accept Car Gift and get a job?

Meeting of creditors is over. No assets and looks really good for an on time discharge. I want to get on with my life.

My family has purchased an automobile and have given it to me ($3500 used car). It will be listed as a gift at the DMV.

Should I be worried about putting the auto in my name?

Also, should I be worried about getting a well paying job?

What do you guys think? Will this cause problems with my case?
    sep05 - Filed Chapter 7 | oct09 - Meeting of Creditors (341) | oct14 - Awaiting Discharge | nov17 - Last Day for Objections (set by trustee) | dec09 - Date discharged | dec12 - Date terminated - Case Closed

I wouldn't title any asset to your name just yet. I would wait until after your cischarge to do that. As for better a paying job, I've been reading around here that filers should wait until after the 341, but as always, it's usually best to avoid large increases in income until after you're discharged.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X