Filed Pro Se 10.23.08 . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Pro Se 10.23.08 . . .

The process has begun, and the only tools I have, since I filed Pro Se, is NOLO Chapter 7 BK book and everyone here on the BK Forum.

Do I have to pay to access Pacer?

Any words of wisdom before my 341 meeting?
    Filed 10.23.08 - Chapter 7 Pro Se
    341 meeting 12.23.08

Originally posted by *aaron* View Post
    The process has begun, and the only tools I have, since I filed Pro Se, is NOLO Chapter 7 BK book and everyone here on the BK Forum.

Do I have to pay to access Pacer?

Any words of wisdom before my 341 meeting?
    .08 per/page Don't fool around to much in there is does add up.
    I haven't looked at mine in 2 weeks good luck keep posting
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

You do have to pay for PACER, it is 8 cents a page viewed. However if the bill is less than 10 dollars then they don't charge you. I would restrict yourself to looking at your own case. You can also save the info from each page on your case to your computer so that you can just look at it on your computer rather than going to PACER. Since you are Pro Se it is probably good idea to check maybe 2-3 times a week for updates as they'll generally appear there before they appear in the mail giving you a heads up.

Next step make sure you complete your after filing financial course.

As for your 341 meeting

Be on time, don't be late
      Bring your Driver's License and Social Security Card.
      Bring any documentation that your Trustee has asked for. (Generally you'll get this list if he requires more about 10 days before the 341)
      Do not bring electronics to the court (cell phones, laptops, cameras, computer games etc)
      Do not bring children to the court (if you absolutely have to bring them but it is much better not to as it is sometimes a long sit with little to know entertainment).
      Do not wear expensive jewelry (simple wedding band, watch are fine, leave everything else at home).
      Dress as you might for going out to eat (Do not buy a new suit to come to court).
      You might want to bring a newspaper or book to read while you wait as being Pro Se you'll most likely be among the last cases heard for your hour.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I filed pro-se myself and my discharge date is scheduled for tomorrow.

Pacer does add up but I will admit it is addicting to check it daily to see what happens.

For the 341 meeting do not show up late! Do not dress fancy. A lot of people were either in business casual or jeans and a t-shirt. I was in jeans and a t-shirt. When they call you up just answer the questions and unless something is wrong it will last 5 minutes or less. My trustee was really nice and because I was pro-se I think she was more understanding even though I was no asset. I had made a mistake and she took the time during the 341 to print out a copy of the form I screwed up and pointed me to correct what I messed up on and told me to refile it and that would be that.

The biggest thing though. Do not stress over the 341 unless you are trying to commit fraud.

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone.

This board has been a necessity during this process, and when I finally get discharged, I'll be sure to contribute.
          Filed 10.23.08 - Chapter 7 Pro Se
          341 meeting 12.23.08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X