top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to have receipts for all of my expences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your using cash for everything I would. If you use your debit check card then there is no need. Right?
    Filed 11/14/13 ____FICO 515
    341 12/23/13 ____FICO 545
    Discharged 03/03/2014

Comment

Originally posted by OCKolby View Post
      If your using cash for everything I would. If you use your debit check card then there is no need. Right?
      So every time im buying lunch with cash i need to take receipt?....what if i buy a hot dog from the guy in NYC?

Comment

Originally posted by OCKolby View Post
        What about haircut or pack of smokes bought with cash?

Comment

I hope not, I only save about 1/2 of them and Ive been paying cash for everything except my health insurance (pay out of pocket), and small debit things 5-10x a month (gas, groceries).

My lawyer told me to pay cash for everything and I have been. He said to do that because out of fear of my accounts getting garnished.
          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

receipts for what?
            you give them bank statements no receipts
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

our lawyer is asking for receipts for everything marking every little detail...hes a little over careful though so I'm not sure I would keep them just to be on the safe side

make sure to keep gasoline receipts though because thats one thing we never get and our lawyer made sure we asked for gasoline receipts from now on to count for the gasonline expense
              Filed-10/2008
              341-12/10/2008
              Discharged-3/17/2009

Comment

Originally posted by ambersss View Post
                What about haircut or pack of smokes bought with cash?
                Ambersss: I would be reasonable as your above and this post is a bit petty. Walk around money, like ten or twenty bucks they aren't going to hit on you. A Hundred here or there you would have to explain. No one is going to doubt that you could not buy a candie bar or cup of coffee going to work. I hope you take this right as we are here to help. Be cool. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  Ambersss: I would be reasonable as your above and this post is a bit petty. Walk around money, like ten or twenty bucks they aren't going to hit on you. A Hundred here or there you would have to explain. No one is going to doubt that you could not buy a candie bar or cup of coffee going to work. I hope you take this right as we are here to help. Be cool. 'Hub
                  What do you mean ?
                  Im just trying to sort things out...I would like to know if buying lunch or other small items every day or every 2 days ....since most of us eat every day , or getting haircut once a month .....My question is ....do I need to ask for receipt for my haircut ? or not? Since my haircut costs a bit more thn $10. Whats petty about that. Just asking for details.

Comment

Let's all hope that once this election is over, Congress might consider changing this BK law back to the way it was before the 2005 revision. Or that they will at least consider getting rid of some of it's worst aspects.

Not many people keep these receipts. Well, maybe if they are an accountant/CPA. A lot of the stuff in this new law is really designed to make it hard on people who already have enough stress in their life.

It does sound like your lawyer is a little over cautious. However, he knows his district, and perhaps he's had a bad experience in another case.

Remember, WE THE PEOPLE can help get this law changed if we work to do it. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now, thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

What do you mean ?
                      Im just trying to sort things out...I would like to know if buying lunch or other small items every day or every 2 days ....since most of us eat every day , or getting haircut once a month .....My question is ....do I need to ask for receipt for my haircut ? or not? Since my haircut costs a bit more thn $10. Whats petty about that. Just asking for details.
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Just wanted to add that i did not mean for my posts to be petty...sorry if they sound that way.

Comment

Just wanted to add that i did not mean for my posts to be petty...sorry if they sound that way.
                          maybe your lawyer wants to file your forms with great detail.
                          can you call and ask?
                          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                          341 09/17/2008
                          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

When buying something you usually receive a receipt; doesn't matter if you paid cash or with a debit card. It's better to be safe than sorry...keep all your receipts so that you can have accurate records.
                            Filed 11/14/13 ____FICO 515
                            341 12/23/13 ____FICO 545
                            Discharged 03/03/2014

Comment

There's nothing at all to worry about if you are being 100% truthful in your BK. IMHO, you don't need to keep receipts unless you need them for a product warranty.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X