top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt Services Prior To Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Debt Services Prior To Chapter 7?

has anyone done this? Looking at a way to lower the interest rate across the cards and roll all the payments into one. I could probably swing this for a year or so to get some room between the current charges and the bankruptcy (that is the goal, really). just wondering if this is a +/- when you go to file Chapter 7

what are your thoughts?

And why would someone want to take cash advances before you file then have to wait 90 days to 6 months before you can file. If you have missed on payment on any card your interest rate is going to shoot up anyway. That not a good idea.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Tew I didnt get that the OP was taking cash advances. I think he was trying to wait a year before filing, lowering the interest rate and paying once a month with a cc service probably trying to avoid any objections. Actually might not be a bad idea...if you really need to wait a year

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
        Tew I didnt get that the OP was taking cash advances. I think he was trying to wait a year before filing, lowering the interest rate and paying once a month with a cc service probably trying to avoid any objections. Actually might not be a bad idea...if you really need to wait a year
        your right i miss read that
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Correct...just wondering if anyone has taken this approach. I'm currently self employed and will soon be leaving the company, my home, (and state) and am just trying to seperate myself from the debt i've already accumulated and the chapter 7 i will be eventually filing. Time seems to be key in avoiding any objections...

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post

Comment

It sounds like a good plan, then you will not have to put up with the calls. Your debts will be paid on a highly reduced basis because these DMP reduce the interest rate substantially. You can do the same plan yourself without a DMP with a reduction in interest rate and no fee, but you then could not consolidate into one payment. It is up to you. I think it is a good way to distance yourself in time from your charges.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! Well see how it all pans out in time...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X