Anyone dealt with Honda financial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Honda financial?

Hi, we are filing CH7 in Dec. We have an Accord and Civic, both 08, and want to keep both, bought Accord in Sept. as lawyer instructed to do because we have a third car we are surrendering. Both are current always have been paid. Does anyone have experience dealing with Honda financial? We got a 3.9% rate on the accord and 6% on the civic, hope to keep those rates, any advice?

Originally posted by jandrl2001 View Post
    Hi, we are filing CH7 in Dec. We have an Accord and Civic, both 08, and want to keep both, bought Accord in Sept. as lawyer instructed to do because we have a third car we are surrendering. Both are current always have been paid. Does anyone have experience dealing with Honda financial? We got a 3.9% rate on the accord and 6% on the civic, hope to keep those rates, any advice?
    Hi, Jandrl - I reaffirmed a lease with Honda (also leased because I had to sell my paid-for car before filing) It's always been current, and I had no trouble whatsoever with Honda Financial. There was never any issue of a rate change.

In case you don't know, all creditors are subject to the stay that goes into effect as soon as you file, and this applies equally to any creditors you intend to keep paying. Since they're no longer permitted to contact you to request payment, they'll stop sending you a monthly bill. HF also locked me out of their online payment system.

This means it's on YOU to find out where to send your payments (and then to remember to do it on time!). Aside from a change in routine, it was no problem at all - and as I posted here recently, they actually have a bankruptcy department with its own bank of very nice, very well-informed operators.

By the way, I made my first post-BK online payment a few days ago, and it felt absolutely wonderful to be "real" again!
    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Thanks Wood, appreciate the info. What about cell phones and satellite dish contracts how are they handled? Do they cancel you right off or dothey look at your history of payments, do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by jandrl2001 View Post
        Thanks Wood, appreciate the info. What about cell phones and satellite dish contracts how are they handled? Do they cancel you right off or dothey look at your history of payments, do you know?

I just wanted to agree with the above poster that the bankruptcy dept. at Honda Financial is super nice and helpful. The biggest change from your point of view will be how you make your lease payment during the bankruptcy. As was mentioned Honda has to lock you out of your online account and cease sending statements. What I chose to do was to send payment using my banks online bill pay system. Though you can also mail or pay over the phone.

As far as Cell phones and Cable. After asking me if it was current My lawyer didn't specifically list my cable at all. (I don't have a contract though and wasn't behind) He listed my cell phone as a monthly dollar amount expense but not as a creditor. I think its accepted that a phone is a required expense these days.

Ofcourse if you were behind on these you could include them if you wanted to.
        Last edited by JJL; 11-20-2008, 10:56 PM.
        BTW anything I say here is just me yapping based on my experience. Your milage may vary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X