Makes no sense...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes no sense...........

I am keeping 2 houses and 2 cars. I am not late on any of them.
    Wachovia Financial and Mercedes Benz Financial still allow me to go online and make my payments on my vehicles. My mortgage is a whole different story. CitiMortgage has locked me out online. Guess I will have to do payments by phone, which of course they will charge me for. Maybe I am nuts, but I would think they allow me to pay online, just like I have done every single month for the last 5 years??????
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

How about sending them Money orders...I read somewhere on the board someone else had the same problems.

Comment

Wells fargo will let me look but i can not see any statments.
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I am so confused.........I have never bought a money order in my life. Since I am not receiving statements any longer and I am locked out online, how will I know they are posting the money order? Would you call each month to verify? Am I not supposed to write checks anymore? My attorney never brought up this issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

You should be able to send them a check but if not...

FYI--money orders are much cheaper at the post office than they are at much banks. You keep the stub and they are traceable.

Good luck.

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I dont know if you have an Albertsons grocery store where you live, but we can get MO's there for dirt cheap. Cheaper than the PO even. Check out your local chain if you dont have an Albertsons by you.

Comment

Mine and my husband's mortgage is with Citi too, and we also had this problem. Our attorney hadn't yet filed the creditor matrix, yet they knew we had filed and locked us out from our OL account just days before the payment was due. To say that I freaked would be an understatement.

If I understood my attorney's assistant correctly, it has something to do with when you pay online (from their web site) they take the money out of your account. Even though you are giving them permission to take it, it would be considered a violation of the automatic stay. From what I understand, you can still pay them online, but you have to do it through your bank's web site. As far as the legality goes, I believe this would be like sending them a check. You would be initiating the transaction and not the other way around. I'm sure someone here more knowledgeable could explain it better than me.

Seeing as how I'm apparently not smart enough to figure out my bank's bill pay, I just sent them a check via snail mail. They cashed each and every check I sent them. Since the first payment after filing was cutting it a little close, I did have to overnight the check to them using the USPS.

We haven't gotten actual statements each month, as that would be considered an attempt to collect, but they still sent us something before the payment was due. It looks just like the monthly statement, but here is what it says:

"This mortgage account statement is for informational purposes only, as this debt may have been included in a bankruptcy action, or may have been discharged. This is not an attempt to collect, recover, or offset the the mortgage indebtedness against you personally. If you are represented by an attorney, provide a copy of this statement to your attorney and chapter 13 trustee, if applicable.

Citimortgage reserves the right to suppress access to the mortgage website."

At the bottom they attached the remittance slip like they always do. I just filled it out and mailed my check with it like I used to do (back before I paid online). Because I paid with a personal check, I was able to look at my checking account online to verify that they had received it.

Since I am days away from discharge (hopefully), I'm now wondering if/when I will get my online access back? Will I have to send them our discharge papers or will they just know.... like when we filed?

Comment

Originally posted by exhausted View Post
                If I understood my attorney's assistant correctly, it has something to do with when you pay online (from their web site) they take the money out of your account. Even though you are giving them permission to take it, it would be considered a violation of the automatic stay. From what I understand, you can still pay them online, but you have to do it through your bank's web site. As far as the legality goes, I believe this would be like sending them a check. You would be initiating the transaction and not the other way around. I'm sure someone here more knowledgeable could explain it better than me.
                Exhausted's got it exactly right. Although some people have had different kinds of experiences with this, it's pretty standard. The only thing we all seem to agree on is that our attorneys, even the great ones, never seem to have warned us to expect this!

Seeing as how I'm apparently not smart enough to figure out my bank's bill pay, I just sent them a check via snail mail. They cashed each and every check I sent them.
                Me, too. It was was no problem, except for the inconvenience.

We haven't gotten actual statements each month, as that would be considered an attempt to collect, but they still sent us something before the payment was due. It looks just like the monthly statement, but here is what it says...

...At the bottom they attached the remittance slip like they always do. I just filled it out and mailed my check with it like I used to do (back before I paid online). Because I paid with a personal check, I was able to look at my checking account online to verify that they had received it.
                That was a nice touch. Aside from the reaffirmation agreement, I didn't get a single scrap of paper from Honda Financial from the moment I filed until the discharge.

Since I am days away from discharge (hopefully), I'm now wondering if/when I will get my online access back? Will I have to send them our discharge papers or will they just know.... like when we filed?
                I just called Honda Financial last week to ask the same question. They had a whole bankruptcy department (now there's a sign of the times...), and it took them less than a minute to look me up, restore my online access, and wish me well. They were even nice enough to reassure me, completely unprompted, that my credit with them was perfect.

I made my November payment online - just like a regular person or something - and it felt so good!
                Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                  Wells fargo will let me look but i can not see any statments.
                  TEW - really? That's odd. I can login and see and pay my bill online. You can't make a payment online? How are you paying your WF mortgage bill?

Comment

Call your bank to find out if they charge for money orders, certified checks and so forth; certain accounts may have special perks, i.e., no charge or a lower cost for those items. My credit union charges for certified checks, but they don't do money orders. However, they do bank drafts and don't charge for them. That's how my bills are paid every month.

Walmart money orders are 49 cents (at least they were the last time I went in) Post Office money orders start at 90 cents, with the fee going up depending on how much the M.O. amount is.
                    sigpic
                    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

We have Citimortgage as well. We just make payments online using our Bank's bill-pay feature. Works like a champ
                      Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                      341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                      DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                      CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

That's a perfect idea. I will set it up as auto bill pay with Bank of America. That would be all the proof that I need.

Thanks so much!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSprite View Post
                          I just called Honda Financial last week to ask the same question. They had a whole bankruptcy department (now there's a sign of the times...), and it took them less than a minute to look me up, restore my online access, and wish me well. They were even nice enough to reassure me, completely unprompted, that my credit with them was perfect.
                          Thank you for this. I'm looking forward to being able to pay online again.

Comment

My mortgage and car lease locked us out of our accounts. When i called they said to either pay by phone or mail a check which i do every month and they cashed them with no problems.

Comment

Garbage SPAMBOT

Originally posted by cnctony
                              Do you want to keep paying your motgage? Would you like to stop paying your payments and have the title to your home?
                              email me and I can tell you how to proceede. If you bought your home between 2001 and 2008, I can show you how you can get the title to your home and stop paying your mortgage payments. [email protected]
                              11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                              12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                              3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X