Hhm - Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hhm - Question??

My case was filed as "no asset" Chapter 7......
    Have been discharged from all but house and land issue (bad title)...
    Trustee took home as asset for resale, but YET - my case is still listed as a "no asset case". This has never been changed.... in 14 months....
    Is there some reason "why" my case has not been changed to "an asset" case???

Any suggestions,

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Wow

Are you saying that your case still isn't closed after 14 months? Or did you get your discharge paper? Wow, that would totally suck having your case going on that long...
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

When you recieve your discharge, your are discharged; as far as I know, there is no such thing as a selective discharge. Thus, if you received your order of discharge, you are technically out of bankruptcy. I understand the issue surrounding your title problems. All I can guess is that the trustee is not sure whether he will be able to get any money from those assets, so he hasn't redesignated your case as an asset case. Or (more likely), the trustee has simply dropped the ball.

Comment

YES - 14 MONTHS AND STILL COUNTING.
        I was discharged in Oct of 2004.....
        BUT CASE IS STILL OPEN....."awaiting closing" status. Mainly because of the home issue (bad title on mobile home).
        We are still in "negotiations" - I will be buying my home back from the trustee (FMV) and paying the mortgage company off for the land only at FMV.
        Trustee has "complete control" of the home.
        Bank has never foreclosed on the land. (They took one hell of a loss because they failed to record their lien on the mobile home also)

It has been a long drawn-out process, and I feel like I have been "rode hard, and put away wet".

And I sure will be glad - when it's all over......

Minny

PS - My attorney is "hoping" that the trustee will "in the end" abandon my mobile home back to me.....(it has $5000 worth of damage due to a storm after I filed BK and before my 341 meeting).
        A girl can "hope", can't she???
        Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

And yes, mine was a "simple" Chapter 7 NO-ASSET case.........(I had planned to reaffirm on my home/morgage).

UNTIL - the Trustee found the title to the mobile home with NO LIEN against it!!!!!!!

THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE...............and Trustee took home!

Minny
          Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-26-2005, 08:12 AM.
          Minny

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X