Lawyer has me more confused than I was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer has me more confused than I was

Friday at 5 of course the lawyer Emails me all my BK forms, so we can file today.

I am married, but I am the only one filing. They said oh you can do Chap. 7 (that was a BIG relief)...however, I am looking at all these forms which are pretty "greek" to me. Hence, why I hired an attorney.

I am looking at the Means Test, B22A Shedule. Now I am no rocket scientist, but I would think where it states Gross Wages, that should be your GROSS wages. I have no clue where they came up with the figure there. If I take my gross wages divide by 6 months to get the average monthly GROSS wage, it is no where is the figure they have. Same with my dh's gross wages.

Am I missing something here??? There are some other errors are well...those can be fixed. But I am really confused.

I have called, emailed left messages but have not gotten anywhere yet this morning. Made me a wreck all weekend.

From what I see, if the proper gross wages are put in, NO 7 for me!

Look at your schedule J that’s the one that makes or breaks you.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Schedule J is not correct if the wages are incorrect!

Just got a call, and after they "argued" with me for a minute, they saw where I was correct and they did have the wrong figures in place. Sooo.....as I thought after reviewing all of this...Chap. 13 for me...uugghhh

Comment

I had Gross Wages problems on two different times with the attorney's office.

I originally gave them all the paystubs I had but there were some missing.

At first they weren't smart enough to realize the checks were weekly and they assumed bi-weekly and got my Gross Income all wrong.

Then they entered the paystubs I provided and ignored the missing ones. Even though I'm paid exactly the same week after week, they still got it wrong.

It took three tries to get my Gross Income to actually match my Gross Income.
        Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by SwimminUpStream View Post
          Schedule J is not correct if the wages are incorrect!

Just got a call, and after they "argued" with me for a minute, they saw where I was correct and they did have the wrong figures in place. Sooo.....as I thought after reviewing all of this...Chap. 13 for me...uugghhh
          OUCH that stinks.
          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
          341 09/17/2008
          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Yup it sure does stink.

They had all my (our) paystubs. Not hard to figure either. Both of us are salaried. Scary to think this might have gone to the Trustee today, had I not really looked at it!

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X