bankruptcy help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bankruptcy help!!!!

I moved from Florida to Massachusetts 6 months ago. When I spoke to a bankruptcy attorney he told me I had to reside here about 6 months to file. For some reason I didn't change address nor did I change my license. Does this mean I have to start the 6 months over and change address? Or can I show them receipt of moving company? Please let me know what I can do.

Do you not pay any utilities or anything proving when you moved there?

6mos is crazy. We only have to be residents of OH for 91dys before we can file there.

Comment

No, I currently live back with my parents. No job. No bills since I moved.

Comment

Any ideas what I could use to show that I reside here?

Comment

Are you receiving any mail in your parents house?

Comment

Originally posted by superrrdaveee View Post
            I moved from Florida to Massachusetts 6 months ago. When I spoke to a bankruptcy attorney he told me I had to reside here about 6 months to file. For some reason I didn't change address nor did I change my license. Does this mean I have to start the 6 months over and change address? Or can I show them receipt of moving company? Please let me know what I can do.
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

How about a notorized statement from the folks.??

Comment

ok I have to ask this question
                if you have no job, no money? no bank account? do you own anything? whts your hurry?
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thing is I have been past due on my mortgage for about 6-7 months. Ever since I stopped paying I moved back home with my parents. I do have a car which I purchased in Florida, and currently past due on that. And also a bank account, which I've always had in MA. Anyways, I've probably been misinformed but someone told me once the home forecloses I won't be able to file bankruptcy and will be liable for that debt. That's why I want to file asap and get this stress off my back.

Comment

Not that I can't file for bk, but won't cover the foreclosure if that makes sense.

Comment

Nope take you time. You don't need to hurry plan your BK
                      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                      341 09/17/2008
                      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by superrrdaveee View Post
                        Thing is I have been past due on my mortgage for about 6-7 months. Ever since I stopped paying I moved back home with my parents. I do have a car which I purchased in Florida, and currently past due on that. And also a bank account, which I've always had in MA. Anyways, I've probably been misinformed but someone told me once the home forecloses I won't be able to file bankruptcy and will be liable for that debt. That's why I want to file asap and get this stress off my back.
                        You were misimformed. A deficiency balance from a foreclosure is dischargeable.
                        First things first. Get a job-any job and get some income rolling in. Worry about the bk later.

Comment

Once (on the day)you leave the state of Florida you can no longer use Florida exemptions Youmust use federal exemptions as you have not been as MA resident long enough to use theirs. You can file in the state of MA on the 91st day of residency.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X