top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many had large CH7's? $200+ Unsecured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many had large CH7's? $200+ Unsecured?

We have our 341 in a month and I see everyone posting how their 341's were 3-5 minutes and they were a snap. We have $340k+ in unsecured credit cards and I have a feeling I wont be in and out like everyone else.

Who else had a large CH7 in the $200k+ unsecured range? How was your 341?

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
    We have our 341 in a month and I see everyone posting how their 341's were 3-5 minutes and they were a snap. We have $340k+ in unsecured credit cards and I have a feeling I wont be in and out like everyone else.

The size of your debt has nothing to do with the 341 meeting.
    The only thing that will lengthen the meeting if you have assets the trustee would like to get his hands on.
    Other then that it how fast can you say your name address and yes or no about 6 times
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

For this large sum of debt doesn't the creditors have the right to be there?

Comment

All creditors have the option of showing. You will here at the 341, the trsutee will say are they any creditors here for Mr & Mrs.XXXX. When they did tha with us, i tuned around slowing praying that know one stood up. Thank God they didn't. We have quite a bit that we are discharging and it lasted maybe 3-5 minutes. Goodluck.

Comment

I'm not looking forward to mine, I have about 550k in unsecured..ouch!
          "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
          Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
          341 Hearing March 4th 2010
          Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

I'll cross my fingers... I have a month to go before the meeting. I owe one creditor $190k by themselves so I hope they dont show up. Atleast the phone has completely stopped ringing 2 days after I filed.

Comment

We had approx. 315k unsecured. 200k CC's and 115k upside down HELOC. 341 lasted maybe 3 minutes. No muss, no fuss. We were white as a ghost after but it was that quick.
              Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
              341 Meeting - 7/31/08
              Discharged - 9/30/08
              Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

For this large sum of debt doesn't the creditors have the right to be there?
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Im sure mine wont be a snap...the trustee will want my Mexico property thats for sure, but getting wont be that easy...

Comment

Sometimes creditors show up, but not for unsecured debt unless if they are disputing that it is in fact secured.
                    Secured creditors may show up at the meeting to attempt to have you sign a reaff. or find out what you intend to do with the secured property.
                    Most of the time, like the other posters said, no one will show up.

Comment

I'm high debt, $200K+. Ran it up over a period of 4-5 years while my income dropped from $300k to $150k to retirement pay. I'll be filing a no-asset chapter 7 in 2009-2010.

My attorney/trustee said to expect a deep dive into my finances with the trustee, covering the last 2 years, in a meeting separate from the 341. My attorney said the trustee's going to have real hard time believing I took in over $1M in the last 5 years and filed a no-asset chapter 7. The short answer good asset planning under the guidance of my attorney/trustee. And because I have significant exempt assets that's going to drive the trustee to look for anything he can find because I'm able to pull money from my exempt assets and hand it over to him if for example he finds a fraudulent conveyance or asset I undervalued. I've already done the deep dive with my attorney so I'm prepared.
                      It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

CH7 Mega mess, Large dollars, near 0 assets

Filed personal CH7 case specifically to get out of jail on a fraud contempt charge by family court judge and plaintiff's atty in Dec 2005. I was current on all debts excepting issue with asset purchased (shares of private company stock, valued at "0" prior to filing) from ex-wife days after divorce.

Case is still going since Dec 2005 with no complete 341 meeting, no accounting of assets (except my schedules originally filed).

1st atty was a drug addict on pain killers until he was un-intelligible to speak with from the jail. He got fired by me in Jan 2006. Judge endorsed another atty, who it turns out worked with the CH7 trustee and a mortgage broker to attempt to re-finance my house (exempt with homestead and covered by huge debts about equal to equity). The broker on instructions from atty and trustee falsified mortgage applications all the way through underwriting. I stopped this process at the payoff to existing lender. Loan they had secured was ~16%+ and 90+% loan to value, payments were almost 3x current rates. I have all fraud docs they filled out. Then they extorted funds ($50K) from company whose shares I purchased. I sent trustee 1099's for the funds, he pissed and moaned. I cut off payments from corp to trustee in Nov 2006 as I discovered he had no valid claim from the corp.
                        After the mortgage fraud, court endorsed atty refused to submit an bill for services for almost 6months work at $640/hr rate. I filed formal complaints with BAR assoc. Plaintiff in the original contempt case filed another contempt in family court again against the note for the shares attempting to alienate 401K funds. BK court gave relief of stay for the plaintiff (unsecured creditor in BK proceedings) to pursue these funds. Family court issued bench warrant against illegal claim on the retirement funds in June 2007. BK court/trustee refuses to remove the relief of stay or acknowledge there is no valid claim. All assets are still in the CH7 estate. April 2008, Trustee appraises company stock and gets answer value = $0. I file 38 page complaint with US Trustee whom I spoke with personally prior to filing attempting to get 341 meeting to happen. Ch7 trustee claims he can not have meeting as I was forced in Jun 2007 to leave the jurisdiction or be illegally incarcerated by the family court sans BK protection of automatic stay. Meanwhile, I continue to pay down debt, personally and via corporate accounts. In the 3 years since filing CH7, I have paid down ~$500K and rising of the original debts which totaled ~$1.8M of which ~$500K are secured. I have made formal offers to redeem assets which have been ignored so far. No actions came from the complaint filing. CH7 is more like CH11 from my perspective, if I wait long enough, all debt will be paid with exception to the ex, which I stopped paying in Jan 2006, when no settlement offer would be accepted.

Sorry for the level of complication here, it's a 3 year long hell of a mess...

Any thoughts to this problem? My immediate goal is to get the 341 meeting underway to get a final decision clock running and force a form 4 accounting record to be established. I could file with the FBI on the issue of mortgage fraud?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X