should I wait till the lawyer calls me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I wait till the lawyer calls me?

I dropped off our big packet of info to file ch 7 about 2 weeks ago. With it, I wrote a letter to our attorney with some questions about the timing of our fililng, etc. I asked him to contact me by email or phone with what the next step is and when we should take it, but haven't heard anything yet. Should I call him, or just sit back and be patient?

I'm getting anxious because the calls (from creditors) are hard for me to handle. But I don't want to ignore them because I dont' want them calling my family!!! Grr.
    Visit my blog and say hi!
    http://apple-afreshstart.blogspot.com

Two things:
    1) Call the attorney's office and find out how long it will take to process your filing (my attorney took almost a month from the time I turned everything in to his office because of the sheer volumn here).

2) Refer your creditors' calls to the attorney's office. Tell them your attorney's name and number. Don't tell them anything else.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

My attorney waited 90 days becuase i had used a Courtesy Checks that Credit Card Companys offer so she said we could file for 90 days since i last used the Check.

That was in July so she didnt file till Nov 8th and i have my 341 on Dec 8th next monday im getting nervous thinking of going in a room full of people and telling them what i did to get in such a shape with my financials.

Comment

I know this is the only way out of gettin this debt off my back. I feel so bad. It was never something i planed it just happen over a period of time.

Comment

I would call him. Have you paid him in full yet? My attorney would not start any filing until the amount owed was paid in full. If you did pay him in full, then by all means give him a call and get the status of case.

Comment

Originally posted by journey View Post
            I know this is the only way out of gettin this debt off my back. I feel so bad. It was never something i planed it just happen over a period of time.
            Journey,
            We all have been where you are. Since you already retained your attorney. You should start answering the calls and giving them your attorney information. They will quit calling you. I have a phone script I put together for me and my wife when they call. Please check it out at the thread below.

Good Luck.. BTW.. My attorney didn't get me file until a couple weeks ago and I have to wait until Jan for my 341. Yes, contact your attorney.

Comment

I think you should call the attorney. Definitely forward all creditor calls to your attorney's office. That is what my attorney instructed me to do. We all know how you feel. Things get out of hand quite fast and before you know it, you're in over your head. You will get through this, try not to worry.
              Filed Chapter 7: 8/13/08
              341 Meeting: 9/15/08
              Last Day To File Objections: 11/14/08
              Discharged & Closed: 11/18/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X