Filing questions(papers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing questions(papers)

Ok I called the attorney and his secretary said we didn't need to make copies of the papers we needed. Said they would leave it in my file and we filed then what they didn't need we could have back. Th attorney told us they send in a stack of papers. Do they put everything on their own sheets? Do they not send copies of our statements, bank and creditors. Tax form etc. I don't like giving them my originals and waiting to get them back.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Make copies and keep them, give the attorny originals. They may need to give some of those papers to the trustee.

Comment

See i don't see why they need the originals. Unless they think people could change things in a copy. Do they give the trustee the originals? Or does the lawyer keep them incase they ask for stuff? I'm just leary of losing my originals. You think it would be harder to keep track of all the originals. Instead of all the same size copies.
      Last edited by momof3b1g; 12-02-2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

What kind of originals are you talking about? CC bills, etc.? You will have no need to keep the originals once your BK is filed, give them to the attorney.

Comment

I also need w2's, tax returns. Paystubs. Bank statements. Mortgage statement. Tax statemtn for property value.

Comment

you should be able to provide them with copies of all those items. The trustees in our area request copies of those items, they do not want to be responsible for the originals. In fact they state in their letters, "Do not send originals as we will not return them." All of our trustees also will only accept the tax returns by email so they wouldn't be getting an original anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
              you should be able to provide them with copies of all those items. The trustees in our area request copies of those items, they do not want to be responsible for the originals. In fact they state in their letters, "Do not send originals as we will not return them." All of our trustees also will only accept the tax returns by email so they wouldn't be getting an original anyway.
              Well thats what i thought, plus others have said their attorney made copies for them. They didn't have too. But when I asked she hesitated and said just bring in the originals and I could have back what they didn't need. Weird. LOL

Comment

momof2b1g.. all the originals i took to my attorneys office the secutary took them and made me copies. i walked out the door with the originals in my hand.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Thanks Journey, not sure why the secretary had to think about it. What do they always do? FIL referred them so i guess they didn't do to bad?!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X