Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to help with values?

I so need help figuring out values.

Like how much would you put for twin mattresses. We have 4 and they are at least 5 yrs old. I think 2 are over 8yrs.

Do they put any info/description about the items. Like age,condition or size like tv's?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Garage sale/flea market value

Comment

Well I know that but we don't have any near us to visit. I don't have a clue what to value things at. Half the stuff I have to value as no value IMO. I wouldn't buy a used mattress at a GS.

Comment

What price would you put on your items if you were to hold your own garage sale?

The local Salvation Army store charges $20 for a twin matress.

Comment

Its hard as I know what the kids have done to them. LOL

Thnaks I will go with the $20.

I think dh is hoping i have this all done by the time he gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
            I so need help figuring out values.

Like how much would you put for twin mattresses. We have 4 and they are at least 5 yrs old. I think 2 are over 8yrs.

Do they put any info/description about the items. Like age,condition or size like tv's?
            I just listed a total value for all my furniture. Its really not that detailed if its just average stuff. They don't specifically care about your old mattresses. it was just listed like

furniture $1500
            TV $400
            DVD Player $75
            clothing $350
            jewelry $600

You get the idea, Remember this is fire sale prices
            Last edited by JJL; 12-03-2008, 06:40 PM.
            BTW anything I say here is just me yapping based on my experience. Your milage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by JJL View Post
              I just listed a value for all my furniture. Its really not that detailed if its just average stuff

Well thats what i'm trying to figure out if they want us to list

Couch $

Chair $

TV Cart $

Dresser(s) $

Or if i can say $300 for all furniture. I would rather lump things, but it seems they are going to nit pick whats in each lump. UGH!

Anyone know if it is different if you file using state vs federal exemptions how detailed we need to be? I was told te state exemptions are pickier to how many you can have of items.
              Is anyone familiar with Mn exemptions? It says $8550 for houshold furniture. Is that just furniture or all household goods?
              Last edited by momof3b1g; 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                Well thats what i'm trying to figure out if they want us to list

Couch $

Chair $

TV Cart $

Dresser(s) $

Or if i can say $300 for all furniture. I would rather lump things, but it seems they are going to nit pick whats in each lump. UGH!

Anyone know if it is different if you file using state vs federal exemptions how detailed we need to be? I was told te state exemptions are pickier to how many you can have of items.
                Is anyone familiar with Mn exemptions? It says $8550 for houshold furniture. Is that just furniture or all household goods?
                look at my post again i edited it. thats how its listed. I dont think its a exact science. Some things they put in a category for me. Then He asked some specifics like tv value, if I had a camera, DVD ,Stereo etc. .
                Last edited by JJL; 12-03-2008, 06:47 PM.
                BTW anything I say here is just me yapping based on my experience. Your milage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by JJL View Post
                  look at my post again i edited it. thats how its listed. I dont think its a exact science. Some things they put in a category for me. Then He asked some specifics like tv value, if I had a camera, DVD ,Stereo etc. .
                  Ok, Thnaks. I will get the hang of this yet. I guess computer desk would be furniture. Oh time to go to bed and rest my brain.

Comment

I didn't list anything in detail like you are doing. I walked around my house thinking "if I sold all this furniture at a garage sale, what would I get?" Then I just wrote down $3500. I didn't list anything, just a total.
                    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X