car repair revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car repair revisited

A week or so ago I posted about my car needing lots of repair and did not knwo how I would pay for it. Well, last Thursday I rolled out from the dealer to the tune of nearly $1000. They are allowing me to make payments because they know me and have always been a good customer (I'll say!). My question is this...I may have a secured a personal loan from someone to help me out for $2000 (to help out with some other bills, too). If I suddenly put it in the bank how will that look when I file? Will I need to explain where it came from and where it went? This friend does not know about my BK so I can't see asking him for cash and I will be paying interest over a period of repay time. If I have to say where it came from will I then have to list it as a debt?

I am sure I am making this more difficult than it is (I hope!) but I am just trying to cover all my bases. thanks!

tj

can anyone help me out here? ;-/

Comment

I'm not sure, but using money from any source and paying it to the repairman may count as a payment over $600 to one creditor and cause an issue.

As far as the rest of the money from your friend, if it goes to smaller bills (less than $600 each or living expenses) it probably wouldn't be an issue-just keep receipts.

Originally posted by 3131tj
      can anyone help me out here? ;-/
      Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X