Schedule J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J

Hi everyone--I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my Schedule J expenses. We are a family of 5 living in MA.
    Kids-20,18,14
    Monthly Take-home: $6307

Mortgages: $1743
    Electric & gas: 350
    Water & sewer: $45
    Telephone: $43
    Cell: $143
    Cable: 84
    Internet: 42
    Food: 1400
    Home maintenance: 150
    Clothes: 150
    Laundry: 50
    Medical Dental expenses:110
    Transportation-Gas & Car Maint:445
    Recreation/Entertainment: 125
    Charitable:40
    Excise Tax: 25
    Life Insurance:158
    Dental-son's:36
    2 Car payments combined: 675
    haircuts: 50
    Bank Charges:5
    Personal Care:75
    Gifts & Pet food/supplies: 50
    Eye Care:75
    Student Loan:235

Car Insurance is deducted from paycheck

Lawyer said it had to match our take home pay exactly---we kept adding & subtracting till we got to zero. Lawyer never said if it was ok or not.

Thanks for your help---Santa

Hi There

we are a family of 5 in a nearby state to you, with a similar take home... our schedule J shows a -750 i think yours looks great and getting it to 0 is good. do your older children live with you and do they work? mine are full time students, was there ever a question they could be included in your household?
    Thanks and good luck B
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

Hi B65, all three are in school, 1 is away at college, 1 is home in college, Both work part time. Lawyer stated as long as there at home half the time, they count towards your household. Our younger one is in High school.

Comment

Thanks for the answer

you have the same as me, One is at home at full time school, the other is in the next state but comes home weekends and term time. no jobs for either though...
        so hopefully we will be ok, I also have a much younger child too...
        when is your 341?

B
        B x
        filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
        341 Dec 10th 2008.
        DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

finishing paperwork now, filing end of the month

Comment

anyone else ----please

Comment

anyone else----please

Comment

That looks pretty good. I submitted ours with about -570. We are also a family of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                  That looks pretty good. I submitted ours with about -570. We are also a family of 5
                  is it ok to actually be negative? I thought they would question your expenses if you are negative.
                  We were trying to do ours and it came back negative and the lawyer said to refigure our budget and needed to think about lowering some things like internet/satellite. They said something about not wanting it to look like a hardship case
                  FILED CH7: 03/20/09
                  341: May 11th, 2009
                  DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

We were negative $900 and everything went through just fine.
                    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

I was + 40 and got discharged
                      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                      341 09/17/2008
                      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

If you quit paying on your house, credit cards and car before bankruptcy do you count that on Schedule J? Or do they not count since you are not paying it at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                          is it ok to actually be negative? I thought they would question your expenses if you are negative.
                          We were trying to do ours and it came back negative and the lawyer said to refigure our budget and needed to think about lowering some things like internet/satellite. They said something about not wanting it to look like a hardship case
                          Our Lawyer just said be prepared to explain how we will deal with the negative account. I fought hard to exempt our 2008 tax return( receive in 2009). If the trustee accepts our exemption I will be able to tell her that we intend to pay off both of our vehicles and stop full coverage insurance on one or both. This will bring us to 0. The attorney was very pleased with our answer and said he loves clients that do their homework. My 341 is not until Jan..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X