341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today

I guess I'm still breathing. I was fine before, but I was a nervous wreck after it was over for some reason. The trustee wasn't very personable. That's the nicest way I can think of to say it. I really think he thought of us all as pond scum. I'd like to think he's not really that way, but just gives that impression.

Anyway, he seems to think we have assets. He wants our vehicles appraised. We actually do want him to sell our house. We think he could, and we would then get a little for homestead. We couldn't sell it for enough by ourselves to pay off all our debts and the re agent and mtgs. What do you want to bet he wants the cars but not the house lol.

At least DH is being cool about it. Its his truck that is paid off. Our exemption should cover it, but if they do sell it and we get the exemption amount DH says he should be able to get a nicer truck anyway.

I know I said I wanted him to sell the house, but a big part of me also just wanted it to be a no asset case. I guess I'm in for a long haul. Hope we don't have to have much contact with this guy. I really thought the 341 would be a turning point in how I felt about all this, but so far I feel worse.

Yep

I know how you feel. We have a bear of a trustee, we are having an appraisal of our personal belongings in our house tomorrow. Our trustee also stated our cars wee much more than we had said in our petition.

Of course... we can pay for the appraisal (From a company she says) and she will accept their amounts. I'M BANKRUPT... where will I get money for an appraisal?

I'm glad it goes smoothly for most... however, we have nothing but grief through the process so far. We're a couple weeks past our 341, and have another meeting since we are now considered an asset case.

Hopefully it will go better for you as time passes!
    Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
    2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
    Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

I can't imagine them coming to my house. I do understand the trustee owns everything exemptions don't cover, but I think I wouldn't survive the stress of that. I pray all goes well for you. I overheard our trustee saying something to our attny about us taking our truck and trailer somewhere to have it appraised. I hope this is the case. We also have a junk car that isn't mobile so if he really wants to he could send someone here.

Its all just very icky.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X