How long should you stop paying on bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should you stop paying on bills

I am curious how long you should stop paying on your secured, unsecured payments before filing bk. I am not sure if we will file yet or not but if we do it would be in May, June, July time frame.

We had to charge quite a bit in the month of November and December on our credit cards........

If you have made your mind up to file, anytime is right. You use that money for your lawyer and household needs. Don’t buy big items or a fancy vacation. If you stop now, you can depend on about three months before they sue you. By then your automatic stay will stop the suit. ‘Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks. ,y intent is to continue to pay as long as I can without losing my home. Just this weekend my vehicle broke down and i had to charge $1200 in repairs and I need tires but afraid to charge anymore?

Comment

When we filed, we weren't late on a single thing. We had a paycut, knew the end was near, so decided to just "file and get it over with".

Good luck to you!
        Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
        341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
        Last day for objections: 7-14-08
        Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X