What happens to Mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to Mortgage?

Ok, If we keep our house and keep making payments do the banks start to report this after discharge? I would be crazy to re-affirm a $400k loan and I dont even know if banks do re-affirms on mortgages but who in the right mind would make such a commitment anyway with the market the way it is.

My question is my credit resport shows (NO ACCOUNTS AT ALL) all my accounts are IIB, or CHARGED OFF, etc.

How does one rebuild credit is nothing that you keep paying shows up? Would the mortgage eventually show up again maybe after discharge?

I don't believe these "unscheduled" payments would continue to be reported. Legally, the account has been included in BK and therefore you are no longer liable for.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

You never know. We have been in a 13 for a little over 3 years now. Wells Fargo was not reporting our payments, just showed an open account w/IIB. I figured it couldn't hurt to call them and ask them to start reporting.

It worked. You never know until you try. The worst they will say is "no", which just leaves you where you are now.

K
      You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X