top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged in Oct..surrendered car..just got bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged in Oct..surrendered car..just got bill?

Hi--I think I can just call these yahoos in the morning (tried now but they are closed) but make me feel better in the meantime, ok? We were discharged in Oct..we had surrendered a vehicle in the deal. Apparently the process of selling at auction has completed (oh dear--$16k for a vehicle we owed $28k on---good decision but they just sent us a bill for the difference. We are not responsible for that in any way, correct? Why would we get that if they've received all the paperwork? Ok stupid question. Like I said, just make me feel better and reassure me, 3 days before Christmas, we are not responsible for the $12k+ difference! I guess I'll need to copy the discharge and something else--what's the best thing to send them? Hey, stamps are expensive !!!!

Call them, give them your case number and the date you discharged. Tell them it was included in the BK and they will most likly go away. If they don't you may need to send them the info.

You don't owe the difference as long as you didn't sign a reaff on the loan.

Comment

I surrendered two vehicles to two different credit unions and I'm worried abbout the same thing.

The newest one was sold recently and they sent me a letter showing all the costs and sales price. In my case, the letter shows that it was supposedly copied to the Trustee.

Both credit unions still show both accounts with a balance. Neither one has closed down anything and I'm kind of worried what they might be up to.

Was yours informational like mine or did it request payment?
      Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

My credit union sent me a letter letting my know what my cars sold for. They said it was just for my information and I was not responsiable for the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
          I surrendered two vehicles to two different credit unions and I'm worried abbout the same thing.

Was yours informational like mine or did it request payment?
          Hi Keebler,

Ours was definitely requesting payment and it scared the you-know-what out of me...but, a happy ending, we called them first thing this morning, and they said an error had been made on their end, they did have all the bk/discharge info, and they'd fix it in their system and to just disregard the letter. WHEW!! No fight or sending add'l paperwork or anything...they even APOLOGIZED ! Good luck with yours. Hopefully all will be well.

Comment

Keep the letter in case they send another one.

If you file with a lawyer don't bother him yet but if they mail another bill next month, carry both to your lawyer.
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Martha13 View Post
              Hi--I think I can just call these yahoos in the morning (tried now but they are closed) but make me feel better in the meantime, ok? We were discharged in Oct..we had surrendered a vehicle in the deal. Apparently the process of selling at auction has completed (oh dear--$16k for a vehicle we owed $28k on---good decision but they just sent us a bill for the difference. We are not responsible for that in any way, correct? Why would we get that if they've received all the paperwork? Ok stupid question. Like I said, just make me feel better and reassure me, 3 days before Christmas, we are not responsible for the $12k+ difference! I guess I'll need to copy the discharge and something else--what's the best thing to send them? Hey, stamps are expensive !!!!
              I got a letter like that about my car that has not sold yet on the back in smalprint it said since you have a chapter 7 discharge you are not responsible for the difference
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X