No announcement yet.

Mortgage company did not reaffirm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't reaffirm my mortgages and am glad I didn't. Legally, since they weren't, I don't owe anything and could "walk away" at anytime if I had to. Since I am upside down, this thought was comforting to me.

Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
    341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
    Last day for objections: 7-14-08
    Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

How do you NOT-reaffirm? My attorney says I have to answer reaffirm, redeem, or surrender.
      Filed Ch7 BK 7/27/09
      341 Hearing 9/10/09 All Went Smoothly
      Last Day For Objections 11/09/09
      Discharged and Closed 11/12/09

Comment

People worried about their home being reported on their credit report? Continue to pay on your home for two years and refinance with another bank.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart01 View Post
          How do you NOT-reaffirm? My attorney says I have to answer reaffirm, redeem, or surrender.
          Your answer is your INTENT not what you may ultimately do.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

We filed Chapter 7 and are awaiting discharge. We live in Michigan and were advised to reaffirm or surrender. We have two mortgages. We opted to reaffirm and retain the property.

We plan to stay here and could not live anywhere else as well for what we pay here. The first lender sent the reaffirmation. It is signed and filed with the court. The 2nd stated they would not be reaffirming because of the loan to value ratio. We are upside down. I know it is not mandatory but technically the ride through is not an option.

I am concerned. Can we still stay and pay on the 2nd in this situation? We want to keep our home. They have accepted our payments while in chapter 7. They would not stand to recover much if anything on our house. Most would go to the 1st lender. I am really stressed about this and hopefully they do not want our property. Please help my attorney's appear to be on Thanksgiving break.

Comment

Hi again Rico,

...don't take it personally if the previous posters don't answer, the thread is a year old, they probably moved on...

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

yeah thanks. I realized immediately that I posted in the wrong place. I reposted this as a new thread.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X