What happens if we

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if we

What happens if we do not receive reaffirmation papers from our 1st mortgage company? I have been paying current since we filed. I have a 1st and 2nd mortgage with the same company. We are incl the second mortgage in the BK. Can they take our house away if we never received reaffirmation papers, but I am current? We are due to discharge next week.

I think if the reaff falls apart you got luck jsut keep pay both and you keep your house.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Ok as long as I am surrent you think they will leave me alone. But what happens if in a few years I am late can they start foreclosure right away then?

Have a happy new year TEW!!

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I asked the same questions. Read the post below. It has allot of info. I did hear that if you don't reaffirm they don't report to the credit bureaus. Which, I want a history for paying since I want to sell my home in a couple of years. Yes, they could foreclose. Although not likely ( I know, doesn't help)

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
          Hi Jesse,

I asked the same questions. Read the post below. It has allot of info. I did hear that if you don't reaffirm they don't report to the credit bureaus. Which, I want a history for paying since I want to sell my home in a couple of years. Yes, they could foreclose. Although not likely ( I know, doesn't help)

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=29878
          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
          341 09/17/2008
          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by jessegirl View Post
            Ok as long as I am surrent you think they will leave me alone. But what happens if in a few years I am late can they start foreclosure right away then?

Have a happy new year TEW!!
            same to you jessegirl
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
              I did hear that if you don't reaffirm they don't report to the credit bureaus.
              This is not always true. My bank still reports to all 3 credit bureaus and we didn't reaffirm.

Comment

I'm confused. How are you discharging the 2nd?

I thought a lien strip was only possible in a 13? (I assume you are in a Chap 7, as you posted under this section)??

K
                You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by mgmadara View Post
                  This is not always true. My bank still reports to all 3 credit bureaus and we didn't reaffirm.
                  Nice to know mgmadara. Too bad it's like gambling.. Maybe they will maybe they wont???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X