Another CA reatined an attorney!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another CA reatined an attorney!

Ok if you all remember we had a summons/complaint we are trying to avoid.
    Now we got another letter fro another cc. They have reatined an attorney.
    They say I have 30 days to notify them.

it also says that if i notify them in writing that this debt is disputed. they will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgement against you and mail the verification or judgement to you. (Is this just a form letter, how can they have a judgement?)
    We are filng in Feb. I assume i have at least 30 days. Then time before they can get a judgement. This one is for $7600, the other was only $2500.

I'm always confused on who and when to tell them WE have reatined an attorney. The other had a summons/complaint sent. i was worried they would push for a judgement. So have just ignored them. Now this one should i just wait also. As i should have 30 days. Should the attorney contact them just before the 30 days? Or just wait it out?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Don't worry about it. you are filing BK and that will all go away. give the letter to your lawyer so he/she can make sure that lawyer gets notified. and have a wonderful new year
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks, i just worry how fast they will get a judgement and that can be a hassle. The calls from the cc co's are bad enough but these 2 accounts are in collections and I hate dealing with it.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X